Lt. Commander
# 1 Landable shuttles...
03-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Just throwing this one out there between star cluster missions... I've been doing the R&D daily with my new type F shuttle, and it's left me wondering; Anyone think there's any chance of, instead of having the regular beamdown animation, having people flying shuttles instead load into a zone standing beside or behind a landed shuttlecraft?

(I suppose the most difficult part would be putting the right shuttle there, with the correct name and markings. And what do a captain's yacht or Vulcan shuttle look like, landed? Maybe those two will just have to stay in orbit...)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2011, 04:49 AM
Its a great idea, but for that to work they need to fix the random terrain generation script they use, so that it creates an area where you can land.
Then there are the server issues. Im sure people will complain it would cause lag. But its doable. And as someone who has dabbled with programming, its relatively easy to do as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Yes, T-C is correct. I recently beamed down to a planet for a mission, and ALL of my Away Team Fell through the ground better then 200 M into the planet Core and Died, Twice yet.

Wouldn't be good to land a shuttle on that type of terrain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 05:14 AM
One mission I had very large structures spawn on a moderate bump in the ground. I could crouch and walk under the building and jump into the empty white space.