Lt. Commander
I've been playing this mission for over three hours now and still get stuck!

Still love it though.

I've planted my four spatial mines and ordered two air strikes. I've diverted power and the force field has dropped but I'm now supposed to get an Access Chip from a Romulan Officer.

The white circle on the map (and the virtual guide path) takes me to a roof top where six Romulans paste eight bells out of me everytime! They don't seem to want to die as their health doesn't drop much with any hits I make and then they recover.

The first tiem I got this far I had a support team I called but in subsequent respawns they are no longer available.

Any ideas/ hints?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Ah yes, that is at the very top of the tallest building. This is also where you can call for your second orbital strike. Simply press the Virtual HUD interface at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to make a bule line with arrows indicating where you need to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi Joe,

You're absolutely correct, they do seem to be at the top of the tallest building, although I requested my second air strike from a different roof top.

I've used the Virtual HUD to confirm I'm in the correct place. The problem I have is not whether I am in the right place but how to defeat the group of Romulans who are waiting for me and/or how to get the Access Chip.

I think we may be talking about two different roof tops as I met a group of four or so Romulans on an earlier (lower) rooftop and managed to defeat them. The tricky group in question are on a higher (highest I think)rooftop and do not seem to suffer any damage despite my shooting them.

I'm a Vulcan male Science Commander 8 if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm familiar with that group. Kill the medics. If you ever see a medic or two in a group kill them first otherwise the group will be a pain to kill.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Same mission. Defeated Hakeev, planted 2 charges, got out.
But now i canīt call in the orbital bombardement.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Found the answer thx

Originally Posted by jheinig
Check your mission map for an objective circle. Go to that location. Look for a flashing ship indicator to show where to call your orbital strike. If you are on a team, make sure that your team-mates are also out of the bombardment area near the gate so that they don't get vaporized! (You will not see the flashing ship indicator if anyone is still too close to the gate.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Hm, I did not focus on the medics first... they just kept healing themselves. I focused on the lesser guards. Once eliminated, my backup focused on the medics and made them die in short order.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Good news - I managed to complete the mission.

I followed the advice to kill the medic first and then the rest fell like flies. Thanks for the hint.

The rest of the mission went like clockwork. When I had the facedown with Hakeev there were no problems with him or any other enemy NPCs leaping around like Ninjas, so I guess that bug has been fixed.

I took note of the circle on my map when it came to getting away to a safe distance before calling in the final bomardment and I found the place and the flashing icon with no problems.

I think it was a nice touch to have Obelisk and his fleet help out in the final space battle. It makes a nice change to play with someone as part of a mission rather than doing it all on your own.