Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
This is getting frustrating. I will say no more but me and a lot of my friends are rarely logging in cause of the lack of meaningless ( if any ) PvP.

I am tired of waiting for this game ( i love the star trek world ) to rediscover the wheel and implement things that other games have decades ago like territory wars, craftable bases and more sets and frankly
I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO BE ALL IT CAN BE !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Name an MMO game that has purposefull PVP: ****.
That was the only game to get it right and no other company has the vision to either repeat, or improve upon it.
Don't expect cryptic to. All you will get it PVP 'matches' in different flavors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2011, 05:27 AM
If PvP wasn't so imbalanced/ more people played it, there wouldn't be these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Too many Cryptic cool tools are nerf now, it's not interesting to make PVP. Or just 5 minutes, not more it's always the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
If PvP wasn't so imbalanced/ more people played it, there wouldn't be these issues.
It is pretty balanced.
The KDF and Feds have a different STO....culture when they pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO BE ALL IT CAN BE !!!!
Then simply don't. Go do something else.

MMO's take time to craft and polish into something special. We are currently 2 months and a year on (nearly) since this game launched, yet people still assume STO should be at the same level in terms of content and options for a player as Wow is currently. Its not. It will take time and if you can't understand this, you are seriously deluding yourself.
I understand in life we want things now, especially when we are paying for something. Yet if you can not respect the fact it takes time to build things, the amount of crying about it will not change anything and just lead to more tears. Cryptic are doing a wonderful job and improved the game ten-fold, and compared to many other games, even Wow back when it was at this currently stage (i was there from June '05), things are looking very good indeed and will only get better.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2011, 06:15 AM
I have been playing STO for over a year now and in all that time i tried PVP once....result......2 Min's of getting my ship blown to bits 10 seconds after every re-spawn......conclusion..........PVP is not for me. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
This is getting frustrating. I will say no more but me and a lot of my friends are rarely logging in cause of the lack of meaningless ( if any ) PvP.
I thought meaningless pvp was the problem? We have plenty of it. What we need is meaningful pvp to give the fans a purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2011, 08:31 AM
i am still thinking about how this Open PVP sector could work...

and honestly i do NOT see it work well in this game

1. we have a huge imballance of FED vs. KDF players just in pure numbers, the FED's would probably just overrun any Sector thx to the higher player count.

2. if we limit it so that we have a 1:1 ratio on every map/instance it will be the very same as Arena PvP is right now, limited, unballanced, and the Cloak will make things even worse, i can allready see single Fed ships minding their own business getting blown away by 3 cloaked BoP's without a chance to even react.

So it would be, either stick to a Fed/KDF Ball... no hostile ever aproaches that one by it's own, or get blown up for leaving the pack.

-> that is what Arena's do right now.

usually the Fed/KDF Ball that survives the first few explosions will win the match, because the players just keep flying in as long as there are friendlies under fire.

I would like a way to break out of this stupid gameplay before we even get there.

I want FAIR 1 on 1 match if i am flying arround alone, a reason to split up the 5+ Packs...

Gamewise, i could see something like a mix of Fleetactions, Warzones and Capture & Hold inside ONE game mode work good for an Open PVP Zone. Kinda like Battlefield.

The thing that will break it for me is Sector Space and the heavy instancing, that will never allow for a truely huge open space to fight in...

i guess what i want is Sandbox Gameplay, and that is something this game just CAN'T deliver.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Then simply don't. Go do something else.

MMO's take time to craft and polish into something special. We are currently 2 months and a year on (nearly) since this game launched, yet people still assume STO should be at the same level in terms of content and options for a player as Wow is currently. Its not. It will take time and if you can't understand this, you are seriously deluding yourself.
I understand in life we want things now, especially when we are paying for something. Yet if you can not respect the fact it takes time to build things, the amount of crying about it will not change anything and just lead to more tears. Cryptic are doing a wonderful job and improved the game ten-fold, and compared to many other games, even Wow back when it was at this currently stage (i was there from June '05), things are looking very good indeed and will only get better.
The thing is that all the features that i am thinking about where there when other older MMOs launched like Lineage2. Territories that could be controlled by conquering the castle of the area, an Olympiad system that had fair 1v1 matches in a colliseum and every month a new hero, huge raids that needed 50 players to take down and above all a crafting sytem with 6 tiers and up to 10 sets per tier starting from Lvl 1.
THESE WERE ALL IN THE BEGINNING OF A GAME 10 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!