Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
The thing is that all the features that i am thinking about where there when other older MMOs launched like Lineage2. Territories that could be controlled by conquering the castle of the area, an Olympiad system that had fair 1v1 matches in a colliseum and every month a new hero, huge raids that needed 50 players to take down and above all a crafting sytem with 6 tiers and up to 10 sets per tier starting from Lvl 1.
THESE WERE ALL IN THE BEGINNING OF A GAME 10 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet the features i am thinking about were from other MMO's you haven't mentioned yet i played. Do you realise that at one time, and this was for a very long period, years before Cross-Realm was introduced in Wow, the minimum wait time for Alterac Valley was around 50 mins. At times you could be still waiting for 2 hours. Arenas were not there from day one either. The way rewards were implemented back then was terrible, where you could be stuck at one rank for months without access to any further gear, of which there wasn't a great deal to speak of either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Time of day and rank have alot to do with wait times.
Yesterday at 4:00 PM Pacific Time my LG was waiting 5 to 7 minutes. But with my Lt com. or Commander the wait times were about a half an hour or more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-28-2011, 10:37 AM
PvP queue times have definitely gone up in the past few weeks/months, but that may just be because so many people are starting to leave PvP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox-XL5
I have been playing STO for over a year now and in all that time i tried PVP once....result......2 Min's of getting my ship blown to bits 10 seconds after every re-spawn......conclusion..........PVP is not for me. LOL
Ah you shouldn't be so defeatist! Like any skill, it takes time to hone, and you spend much of your early days dying. Thankfully there is no death penalty to speak of ;-).

@ the OP

Some days are bad, some days are good. UK GMT evenings are usually pretty rockin'. Even on a weekday I wouldn't expect to wait more than 10 minutes tops for a game at LG level, the other grades however,... *tumbleweed*.

I do miss the good old days...

I leveled a klink solely through PvP!...don't see that happening again if I want to do it within the year
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Yet the features i am thinking about were from other MMO's you haven't mentioned yet i played. Do you realise that at one time, and this was for a very long period, years before Cross-Realm was introduced in Wow, the minimum wait time for Alterac Valley was around 50 mins. At times you could be still waiting for 2 hours. Arenas were not there from day one either. The way rewards were implemented back then was terrible, where you could be stuck at one rank for months without access to any further gear, of which there wasn't a great deal to speak of either.
This is intellectually dishonest. From day one there was open world pvp. Huge rolling rights in the world that were absorbing and fun for HOURS on end : Tarren Mill to Southshore, Astranarr and other places. STO is a crippled game and a crippled engine, and most people are just treading water until "the sci fi game that shall remain nameless" opens this year.

14 Months and not ONE NEW SPACE MAP IN PVP = STO Management FAIL.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
14 Months and not ONE NEW SPACE MAP IN PVP = STO Management FAIL.
One map has been added, one has been taken away. One bright fellow even worked out that Stahls posts relating to PvP worked out to 0.2%.

do you feel loved?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-31-2011, 05:00 AM
Queues are popping a bit slower of late. With a noticable drop after "New-FAW" was relesed... Ques are good during Euro primetime, then a bit slow for 1-2 hours before US primetime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox-XL5
I have been playing STO for over a year now and in all that time i tried PVP once....result......2 Min's of getting my ship blown to bits 10 seconds after every re-spawn......conclusion..........PVP is not for me. LOL
You just have to change the way you think about playing! You have to learn to accept being killed, and everything becomes more fun and interresting. Going into a PvP match with your mind set on staying alive through it is usually luxury only premade teams can afford.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-31-2011, 05:20 AM
1 hour and no pvp... 1 HOUR and not even my own side to play wargames let alone the Klings!
I am a VA ( third char ) have completed all STFs and no PvP!!!!!

Any dev want to comment??????
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
1 hour and no pvp... 1 HOUR and not even my own side to play wargames let alone the Klings!
I am a VA ( third char ) have completed all STFs and no PvP!!!!!

Any dev want to comment??????
If this is a fresh experience, it may be because the servers were supposed to be down for maintenance for the last hour...

Otherwise, I'd say you tried to PvP at a time where normal people try to sleep or work. (just kidding about the normal thing... we all know there are no normal people in the PvP queues!)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
It is pretty balanced.
The KDF and Feds have a different STO....culture when they pvp.
We have on the KDF side no real push to play the KDF side aside for STF's and PVP...After the hard grind up to LTG, most of us spend time on feds and klinks about the same time. There are alot of things on the KDF side which we would like to see happen before you see more KDF players to attend pvp matches. As it is, I was waiting in a queue for a match playing on my KDF toon (well one of many) for 20 minutes last night... and the night before that?...well let's just say it was long.

Want more people to play against....I believe we need to do something to compel people to play the KDF faction.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 PM.