Lt. Commander
# 1 i have a limit issue.
03-28-2011, 08:14 AM
So the limit on missions is eight. I didn't know that. The long term story I had would have encompassed more than that. So obviously I'm going to have to condense. But then I thought to myself, what if I merge missions together. I could get the important facts in there while giving the complete story line. Problem is that it would seem kind of odd to complete an objective then swing right into another place and rhythm. For instance: my first mission was a combat, rescue type mission. It was not a long one but vital as it introduced you to the story line much like The Vault did. The next in the series (which never made publish on Tribble) was a dense CSI type mission. In depth in dialog and storyline, without combat. Trust me it is really cool, but it is completely different genre.

Anyone else suddenly (or maybe not so sudden) encounter this problem. And would it be strange to combine them? Like a WHAT THE HECK moment?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 08:36 AM
There are many ways to add more content to your missions outside of the Players objectives. I think you will find your self condensing allot of any grand scheme Ideas You might have. Start simple and work your way up. Try to pack more content into one mission till it's chocka block before moving to the next.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Im sorry What limit are we talking about? What is limited to 8?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Im sorry What limit are we talking about? What is limited to 8?
You are limited to having eight missions in the editor.

As a note, you are also limited in the number of maps you can have, so that might need to be taken into account when consolidating.

Good luck and have fun!!

-Auspice
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspice
You are limited to having eight missions in the editor.

As a note, you are also limited in the number of maps you can have, so that might need to be taken into account when consolidating.

Good luck and have fun!!

-Auspice
You mean I can only Publish 8 Missions? That stinks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2011, 03:21 PM
If I think about how much data a single mission has, I do quite understand why cryptic did that limit.

Also, that way people don't just post some random missions after another.

And, well, I do believe they will offer additional slots through the C-Store soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I raised this issue a while back and it is a shame that it has gone like this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Acquiring more mission slots is something being discussed by the devs.

However, you need to walk before you can run, bekk. Create one mission and get a feel for it before you publish eight.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2011, 05:16 AM
By the time you get done with the eighth mission, the first one should be old and stale anyway. So just delete it and make a new mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Coming to a C-store near you..... 4 Foundry mission slots for the fabulous super low price of 500 atari points

you know its going to happen