Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 141
03-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Not really,

According to you yourself the setting is already broken beyond your liking.

So quit already and leave the rest of us to our fun.

Or stay and try to enjoy what we have.
Again I point out encouraging people who helps pay for this game's upkeep, be it a single person or many, is not in your or Cryptic's best interest. I always find it amusing when people pull the 'well just leave' card. Its self defeating.

The setting is broken more than I'd like yes, but that's no reason to let open the flood gates and break it even more.
Lt. Commander
# 142
03-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Again I point out encouraging people who helps pay for this game's upkeep, be it a single person or many, is not in your or Cryptic's best interest. I always find it amusing when people pull the 'well just leave' card. Its self defeating.

The setting is broken more than I'd like yes, but that's no reason to let open the flood gates and break it even more.
I think all the improvements they have planned will be more and more against what you appear to expect in game. These improvements while causing some to be dissatisfied and quit will attract a great deal more players that like the new eras being explored and don't mind the non canon approach this game is taking.

It is not good to lose anyone, but if they are just going to hate everything all the time it would be better for all if they were to find something more to their liking while opening up new ideas from others that won't be so overly criticized.
Lt. Commander
# 143
03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
This T5 Connie of yours, would it come with TOS style photons?

I'd give in for those. Quantum torpedoes just don't do it.

And these.

TOS style Miranda skin.

Sovvie based Miranda style ship.

Obviously I'm more of a Miranda fan than the Connie.
Lt. Commander
# 144
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:

I'm going to point out, again, Mirror Universe uniforms from the original series were packaged as part of a Champions Online lifetime bonus while Star Trek Online was still in closed beta. Almost every single piece of clothing and uniform in game goes against the thought of '25th century can only have 25th century things and technology.' Strictly speaking, the Galaxy, and even the Sovereign would likely be retired classes. What does that leave us with? All Cryptic/Perpetual ships. The fact is this game, or even studio, has been about customization from the start. This was never meant to be strict adherence to canon and only such; Cryptic staff have been asked and commented about such before. Their reply was essentially that they'll stay as close to canon as can be done within an MMORPG while still offering as much customization as they can.

Considering we still have Galaxy classes, considering that we're using painted ships in colours of our choices, our uniforms don't even have to be uniforms but formal suits and anything we wear can be a plethora of colour combinations, considering that Starfleet ships are using everything under the sun and not just Phasers, considering that we have completely different ship classes and interchange parts to aid in customization, or considering the simple fact that we can make fair renditions of practically anything with the alien species (yes, even na'vi)... it seems to me like you simply would never enjoy this game. It has always been the way it is now and it will continue to be this way because customization and uniqueness is vital to an MMORPG.

You're the one that keeps threatening to leave. No one keeps asking you about it. If you feel so threatened or upset with the game that you have to keep saying 'I'll leave! I'll leave!' then either do so or quit bringing it up. It has nothing to do with anything and honestly you're turning into the boy who cried wolf. No one is telling you to leave, you keep saying you will; if you want to leave so badly then maybe that's the best thing for you? You have to decide that, but saying it repeatedly doesn't make it sound any more sincere.
Lt. Commander
# 145
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
stuff
Quote:

And these.

TOS style Miranda skin.

I can haz my dark side glowy eyes nao?
Lt. Commander
# 146
03-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
I can haz my dark side glowy eyes nao?
No but you can have glowy silver eyes and exponentially increasing mutant esper powers that could allow you to melt a Jedi/Sith with your mind.
Lt. Commander
# 147
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:

And these.

TOS style Miranda skin.

Those photons would definitely be an Awesome addition!

Thank you for the video, I have bookmarked it.

I feel if the TV producers would have used CG to recreate the old show in the manner they used on Enterprise, we would still have a successful Trek show on air.

The TOS Miranda also rocks! There is another thread here discussing adding a TOS appearance enhancing gear set that would convert the appearance of any ship to a TOS ship. That would make this ship easily.