Lt. Commander
# 21
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Discussion should focus on the proposal in this thread, not topics like the NX-01.

Thank you.
But...but...he started it. :p

Back on topic, I'd still sign this petition.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Definitely love this idea. /signed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I like the idea too
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I want everything in that list, but especially the TOS bridge and hand phasers. The security teams aboard the station had them, so how difficult would it be to let players have them?
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionheartVI
I want everything in that list, but especially the TOS bridge and hand phasers. The security teams aboard the station had them, so how difficult would it be to let players have them?
So, here would be a question for the TOS fans:

If you could have a TOS era bridge (based on the graphic assets from the recent Devidian mission) but it wasn't the Constitution Class bridge that we all are familiar with, would you still use it, or does it specifically need to be "Kirk's Bridge"?

Just thinking if Cryptic could do a TOS era bridge, without having to sell CBS on the iconic bridge, it might make things easier?

For example, the Prometheus Bridge pack, converted with TOS era graphics and consoles might be one way to go, because it already has a command well. It wouldn't be the Connie bridge, but it could still have a TOS look and feel if modified.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
So, here would be a question for the TOS fans:

If you could have a TOS era bridge (based on the graphic assets from the recent Devidian mission) but it wasn't the Constitution Class bridge that we all are familiar with, would you still use it, or does it specifically need to be "Kirk's Bridge"?

Just thinking if Cryptic could do a TOS era bridge, without having to sell CBS on the iconic bridge, it might make things easier?

For example, the Prometheus Bridge pack, converted with TOS era graphics and consoles might be one way to go, because it already has a command well. It wouldn't be the Connie bridge, but it could still have a TOS look and feel if modified.
I'd be fine with that. It just needs to fit with my old Connie.... and on those lines I'd like to see a TOS style interior option. So all the halls and rooms in my ship interior have that iconic look to it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I love the idea it should so definitively be done, besides why should the least successful series get all the love.

As much as it was evident from launch as to how many Next Gen fans were among cryptic staff (the galaxy bridge was the single and only bridge that was remotely screen accurate.) I half wondered why the first stuff pack was not also a next gen one.

hell while they are at it add some special kits that also changes your tricorders and your belt attachments. its very viable idea for all of the shows different generations.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-29-2011, 01:27 PM
In light of the recent TOS Bundle, I wanted to revisit this proposal I made.

It would seem this idea was nearly carried through in what was in the Bundle vs what I proposed.

But I'm curious:

1. Why did the proposed ship not make the bundle, or was there any consideration given?

2. Why were the "Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before" uniforms left out?

Also, I'd be curious if (based on the assumed success of the TOS Bundle) we will be seeing the second bundle I proposed based on the TMP / TWOK era?

(sorry for the necro, just thought it was neat that something I proposed was implemented nearly to the specs I laid out.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I like this idea. However, I think that the TOS Connie should be modified to make it scalable up to T5 similar to the phaser.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I like this idea. However, I think that the TOS Connie should be modified to make it scalable up to T5 similar to the phaser.
The stats shown on the ship were intended to be the "max" stats. Given the testing I did with a T3 Excelsior, it was my feeling that a T3.5 Connie would be more than sufficient for people to use at Vice Admiral, without throwing the game out of balance.

But I do feel a scalable ship would be the best, with the top end being these stats.