Lt. Commander
# 1 "Trembler" now live
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Trembler is now published on Holodeck! Teaser: Trembler 2.

Summary: In a re-imaging of the arc I did on Tribble, you are sent to the Kinjun System to investigate some unusual True Way activity. Once you are there you find that the True Way has made a secret alliance with an organization you thought was extinct. Their plan is dubious at best, but you discover your involvement is not purely coincidence.

ST-HKXTON7BF

Level 31+ required. Starfleet.

Spoiler (from this point of the thread forward):
Once you get to Kinjun, you notice the system is otherwise void of activity. There is a dampening field coming from the moon that is interfering with your sensors. Once you beam down, you find a cavern with many forcefields. Obviously they value their privacy. After taking care of the current residents, you poke through their stuff to try and figure out what is going on. You discover the True Way has made an alliance with the Obsidian Order. The Order promises to make their presence known soon.

You work your way through the rest of the cave and you keep accidently setting off security triggers. But you find nothing else of value in the cave and after shutting down the power supply to the dampening field, you beam up. Once on the ship you approach the planet.

The True Way obviously thought their secret was secure as they don't even bother to hide their secret. What is that secret? Undine incubators. You decide that leaving them in the hands of the Obsidian Order makes little sense and tag them for transport. You decide the rest of their equipment should be confiscated as well. And you take out the little security there is in the process.

Just as you are wrapping up your business, you get a message from an unknown source who demands to speak with you. After tracking the individual down, you discover that the Prophets require your services. They want you to stop the Cardassians to protect Bajor (as if you weren't trying to do that). But the more cryptic part of their message is how you were destined to follow the Sisko in protecting Bajor. So you beam off the planet with your confiscated goodies and a puzzle: What do the prophets want from you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Update notes:
  • 1.1: Bridge Officer's compass fixed. Now tells you to go to correct plataeu.
  • 1.1.1: Typo fixes.
  • 1.2: Cardassians told sleeping on job not allowed.
  • 1.3: Restructured so Cardassian workers beam in before you see them.
  • 1.4: Changed name of first mission to system name. First mission has no real content anyway and this should help with remembering where to go.
  • 1.5: Crates will now "beam up". When off screen, of course.
  • 1.6: Redundant BOff dialogue removed. BOffs no longer "hold your hand" throughout mission.
  • 1.7: Fixed floating consoles. Added respawn point to first map due to boss fight. Rotated second map's spawn point so you now face the first objective.
  • 1.7.1: Background preparation for next chapter. Nothing noticable in game.
  • 1.8: Prophets are now out in force. Fixed a few logical hiccups.
  • 1.9: Added camera shake and dust when Generator overloads. Prophets now have light cast upon them.
  • 1.9.1: Non-interactable Prophets no longer are called UGC Contact.
  • 1.10: Added another optional Cardassian mob. Mob can be avoided by not taking shortcut.
  • 1.11: Removed redundant text.
  • 1.11.1: Minor teaks to the beam-in locations of enemies. Respawn point activation moved to later point.
  • 1.12: Cardassians no longer beam in twice

Known Issues:
  • "Tagged" items do not highlight. This is because the current system causes items to just disappear when they go invisible rather than using a transporter effect. I'm using invisible blocks for tagging for the boxes can disappear "off screen". You cannot make an object disappear in any other objective than the one it is interacted with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
I changed my update notes to standard color. I got tired of highlighting them in order to proofread.

I will continue to update this thread in the future when any updates occur.