Lt. Commander
(I tried the Search function already and found nothing specifically relating to this command.)

I would like to know if there is a "target of target" command/macro to help with focus fire on enemies. I'm thinking of this mostly for use in STFs and other ground PvE?

I'd appreciate any help with this! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I believe there's a sort of automated friendly/hostile setting that's built-in, although it may not be exactly what you're looking for. This setting is normally on by default. In essence, if you try to use an offensive ability (such as firing a weapon) while targeting a friendly, it will automatically switch targets to the hostile that is currently targeted by that friendly. Conversely, if you try to use a healing ability with a hostile targeted who's not currently targeting you but another friendly, it will target that friendly to heal them (this in itself can be a real pain if you're attempting to self-heal and the targeted friendly didn't need the help). I think the setting is called auto-assist, although I can't recall for certain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the response! I will try that out tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Yep, this is dead easy. I use this ability mostly in space but also on the ground. Type the following into the chat window

/bind <key> assist

So, for me i use K as my bind key

/bind k assist
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 139sroberts View Post
/bind k assist
Aha! I was just wondering about this since I was unraveling the mystery of targeting option precedence. I'd still like it explicitly added to the Options/Keybinds screen, but this keybind will be my top priority when I login again.