Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
I would never want to see this happen. Especially since i really enjoy the STF's. Find a good Fleet and perhaps your perception will change towards this content, since if it is 'pugging' that has caused your dislike for these, well Wow taught me about 'pugging' and the pain that generally goes with it a long long time ago.
I have all the ship parts and the Science Borg BO, and so does much of the Fleet i'm in, yet we continue to run these for the new members as often as we can. I look forward to those weekends and nights of STF raiding. Bring on 'The Hive'. And with the improvements to ground coming in due time, STF's can only get better.
In-game obtainable items should remain just that.
If STFs only took an hour and were better designed, I'd be more interested. However, they are far too tedious and time consuming in their current form. Having to schedule my life around a video game is one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW especially with the release of their last expansion pack. If STFs were redesigned for the 1hour timeblock or so, I'd have no issue with the content.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
If STFs only took an hour and were better designed, I'd be more interested. However, they are far too tedious and time consuming in their current form. Having to schedule my life around a video game is one of the reasons I stopped playing WoW especially with the release of their last expansion pack. If STFs were redesigned for the 1hour timeblock or so, I'd have no issue with the content.
I can understand what you are saying. I too left Wow just months before Cata hit, though i did see enough on the Beta to know that the same formula would be present, and i just can't go back to those 5/6 a week raid schedules now i am at University. STO fits perfectly into my life right now, and while friends and other students seem to go out every other night of the week, i can afford to clock up a full night on the weekend just for STF's after all my work is done. But thats just me, everyones life is very different.
You are right to never schedule your life around a game, though i think you will be hard pressed to find an MMO that has end game content based around the time frame of an hour. Of course, some people will say they can do STF's in this time frame, but it still took time before to learn, prepare and run them so swiftly now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
The STF's are being redone anyways to be less annoying. But No. I'm 100% against the idea of adding the KA Boff or even the Borg ship parts into the c-store.

There has got to be things that are up there that you gotta work for.

BTW just get a team together that has a same time schedule as you Vincire. You don't have to do the STF's in one sitting. Just get to major respawn points, take a break then come back
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
I can understand what you are saying. I too left Wow just months before Cata hit, though i did see enough on the Beta to know that the same formula would be present, and i just can't go back to those 5/6 a week raid schedules now i am at University. STO fits perfectly into my life right now, and while friends and other students seem to go out every other night of the week, i can afford to clock up a full night on the weekend just for STF's after all my work is done. But thats just me, everyones life is very different.
You are right to never schedule your life around a game, though i think you will be hard pressed to find an MMO that has end game content based around the time frame of an hour. Of course, some people will say they can do STF's in this time frame, but it still took time before to learn, prepare and run them so swiftly now.
You're absolutely right. I probably won't find another MMO who's endgame doesn't invariably becomes a part-time job. This is one reason I am hoping that a Developer someday, realizes this and designs a series of short but challenging encounters. In other words, what is the difference between three 1 hour STFs and one 3 Hour? Shorter segments is best in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-31-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Any hope you'll bundle the two separate borg officers into a single borg pack for lets say 400 AP?
Mabye, a few people disagree but I think a borg bundle pack should have more borg implants for your captain, crew, ship and ship interior. I dont disagree with you but I think the borg BO are not required
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-31-2011, 05:05 AM
You wan't them? Do the STF's
If you don't do the STF's then you do not deserve the rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
You wan't them? Do the STF's
If you don't do the STF's then you do not deserve the rewards.
Love the snide comments from elitists...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Never.....Ever.

If you want the second Borg BO then do Kithomer Accords.
Yes, as KA is easy to do with an organized group....PM me if you need someone of any profession of ANY side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
You wan't them? Do the STF's
If you don't do the STF's then you do not deserve the rewards.
Whoa whoa, do the missions to get the rewards???

I'm not being mean, but I agree with him. Its a game, everything shouldn't be handed to you on a golden platter.
In my opinion, people with a sense of entitlement like that should play Halo and stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Whoa whoa, do the missions to get the rewards???

I'm not being mean, but I agree with him. Its a game, everything shouldn't be handed to you on a golden platter.
In my opinion, people with a sense of entitlement like that should play Halo and stuff like that.
STFs are special case. They're not nearly as accessible (or as fun as some would argue) as the rest of the game. I realize that Cryptic is going to be working on these things to make them more fun (something I am hoping for, trust me). I think requests like the OPs stem from the reluctance to slog through content viewed as painful or a chore once for the reward and not from any sense of "entitlement".
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 PM.