Lt. Commander
I just resubed and started a new character today. Something new I have noticed is that some times (or alot of times depending on how the game feels) when I press '1' to fire my rifle the animation will play and the button will grey out but the gun wont actually fire and I'll have to try and press it a second time.

Is this a lag issue (my ping is about 200ms according to /netgraph)? Does anyone else have this issue occur often?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post
I just resubed and started a new character today. Something new I have noticed is that some times (or alot of times depending on how the game feels) when I press '1' to fire my rifle the animation will play and the button will grey out but the gun wont actually fire and I'll have to try and press it a second time.

Is this a lag issue (my ping is about 200ms according to /netgraph)? Does anyone else have this issue occur often?
I have this issue but only when playing my Klingon-side character.

Bug report it. That's pretty much all we can do.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Happens to me on both fed and kdf toons. It's a well known bug, I'm pretty sure I saw an engineering report saying they were looking into it, but the bug still exists.....interpret that how you will.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
OK, I'll toss out a bug report next time it happens to me and just deal with it.

Have they implemented ground auto-fire yet? That would be one way to work around this annoyance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifandbut View Post
OK, I'll toss out a bug report next time it happens to me and just deal with it.

Have they implemented ground auto-fire yet? That would be one way to work around this annoyance.
Yes, right click, the button will highlight green and fire on its own. Though I find the firing cycle ends up interfering with other abilities so I don't use it.