Lt. Commander
I attempted to create a Foundry character on the Live Server 3 times before I gave up.

It appears they completely removed customization.

I couldn't edit the name properly (it asked for 1500 something or other), there were no options to customize the appearance.

Basically, all I could do is choose short name, ship name, traits and species.

I find this disappointing, because if I was to seriously tackle Foundry map creation, I'd want a character I had personally designed and not a "standard pre-fab model".
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
That is unfortunate, but the Foundry creation character is purely for you to run around you map in. It was never meant to be used to actually play the game or level up, so the lack of customizations, I would suspect, actually help you keep from getting to attached to your Foundry authoring avatar.

Playing actual Foundry missions for real, however, can be done via the live game with your real characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
I find this disappointing, because if I was to seriously tackle Foundry map creation, I'd want a character I had personally designed and not a "standard pre-fab model".
I got my charachter customized despite the blocks.

Steps:

-1: create character of chosen species, gender, and classification.

-2: create a ground mission, place dozens of high level enemy groups

-3: enter the map and make yourself untargetable

-4; use the kill button with abandon

-5: collect and sell resulting loot until you have ~3 to 4,000 EC.

-6: create a space mission with its door in sirius sector, but instead of the mission go to sol

-7: tailor functions work as normal on ESD, set yourself up with some nice threads and a facelift.

Tada!