Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Great thread, this - we've been in need of this for a while.

Couple of improvements I can think of, off the top of my head:


TMP Uniform:

- Collar on male uniform is the Admiral 'high neck' version - regular collar should be lower, with a shape more like that of the TOS uniform.

- Badge is a flat patch (like the 'Enterprise' arm patch) with a black outline - Starfleet arrowhead is (normally) silver, with the background circle in the department colour.

- Admiral uniform badge, however, is a solid metal version of the above, very similar to the 'Wrath of Khan' uniform belt buckle.

Reference:

TMP Officers' Uniform (Sciences division badge)
TMP Admiral's Uniform



TNG-era Open-Jacket Uniforms:

- Captain's shirt variant is only ever seen under the TNG Captain's jacket, which isn't available currently - never the DS9/TNG movie tops.

- The 'open jacket versions of the DS9/TNG movie uniforms should logically be the open top with the coloured department undershirt visible.

- On that note, the TNG movie version can also be worn open over the 'Captains' Vest' - alternatively, the vest can be worn without the jacket over the top, similar to the Captain variant shirt.

Reference:

Picard's Jacket - TNG
Command Vest - First Contact
Janeway with jacket off, showing the DS9/VOY shirt
Security Officer with TNG movie jacket open
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
TNG and TNG Movie comm badges display as though the bottom pieces are embedded in a female toon's chest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Added both, except for the information that was already listed.

Added a request / wish list section to the bottom.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Edited the AGT section a bit.

Still looking for any other additions to this list, contributions are welcome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Stealth fix to the "Wrath of Khan" trousers, they are now able to be made black.

At the time I was playing with the uniforms, I was a bit tired and didn't check the jackets. I'll do that in a bit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Ok - noticed a really crucial flaw in the male 'TOS' uniforms:

Look at the seams on it, and the overall shape/cut...

Yup - it's essentially the same as the 2009 movie uniform, which was in the pre-release version of the game until any Abrams-trek content was pulled.

Basically, the pattern's been removed, and the TOS assignment patches added. But in terms of the actual modelling, it's the alternate reality uniform.

Comparison:

Cast photo - Abrams Trek

The original cast in 'Arena', from the re-mastered original Star Trek
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Ok - noticed a really crucial flaw in the male 'TOS' uniforms:

Look at the seams on it, and the overall shape/cut...

Yup - it's essentially the same as the 2009 movie uniform, which was in the pre-release version of the game until any Abrams-trek content was pulled.

Basically, the pattern's been removed, and the TOS assignment patches added. But in terms of the actual modelling, it's the alternate reality uniform.

Comparison:

Cast photo - Abrams Trek

The original cast in 'Arena', from the re-mastered original Star Trek
Wow, I never noticed. The original uniforms look as if they were woven in the shape of shirts. Not a single seam on them, anywhere (save the collar). I'll add this to the first page.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Edited the AGT section a bit.

Still looking for any other additions to this list, contributions are welcome.
This is my biggest complaint with the AGT uniforms. The shorter the toon, the more the clipping of the rank pins is an issue. My toon that's pictured in the link is 5'8". It doesn't matter what stance the toon uses, the clipping is an issue regardless. Some stances aren't as bad as others though. This issue has been around since the day the AGT uniforms went on sale in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
This is my biggest complaint with the AGT uniforms. The shorter the toon, the more the clipping of the rank pins is an issue. My toon that's pictured in the link is 5'8". It doesn't matter what stance the toon uses, the clipping is an issue regardless. Some stances aren't as bad as others though. This issue has been around since the day the AGT uniforms went on sale in the C-Store.
Edited the first post to reflect that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
The Command Tunic from the new TOS pack has the Captain rank on the shoulders and it can't be removed. I don't think they understood that it's his Captain's rank. If you pair this with a different rank on your sleeves, you now have two different ranks showing!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 AM.