Lt. Commander
# 11
04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrob View Post
They chose the first one, but the rank on the shoulders cannot be removed! I don't think they understood that it's his Captain's rank. If you pair this with a different rank on your sleeves, you now have two different ranks showing!
IDK. Technically you're right. But, the way I look at it the collar is like the "scrambled eggs" senior officers in the US Military wear on their covers- like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ca...r._-_USMC.JPEG.
I think the whole pack came out pretty well. I've actually changed my mind about that uniform. I''ll get it when I get the chance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
So with the recent (pic) of the TOS Green Tunic popping up on the forums it appears it's based on this style (pic) and (pic).

Will we also see this style (pic) and (pic) Tunic? This one has gold around the collar with what looks like a black wrap underneath the green tunic. Also the collar in this tunic has a smooth look and the rank is displayed on the sleeves.

Here's a (pic) of both side by side. (sorry for small pic, Best I could find. Also the right tunic seems to be missing the black wrap under the green tunic)
Yes, id like to see this..it shouldnt be too hard to do..just mod the current tunic a little..please devs!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Morgomir, are you two talking about the Command Tunic that's currently available in the C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJahia
Morgomir, are you two talking about the Command Tunic that's currently available in the C-Store?
Yes I am. I didn't like it at first, when pics hit the forums, but I've changed my mind. I like the final result.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
IDK. Technically you're right. But, the way I look at it the collar is like the "scrambled eggs" senior officers in the US Military wear on their covers- like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ca...r._-_USMC.JPEG.
I think the whole pack came out pretty well. I've actually changed my mind about that uniform. I''ll get it when I get the chance.
I get what you are saying. I would just like to see an option to remove it. The two variations of the shirt had the rank in two different places. Referring to the picture of the Marine you pointed to, combining sleeve rank with the current shoulder rank would be like him wearing the General pin on the shoulder and a Captain's pin on his collar IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
Yes I am. I didn't like it at first, when pics hit the forums, but I've changed my mind. I like the final result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJahia
Yes, I like the result as well. But I like the second season version slightly more. Its not a big deal, but the differences between the two are so minor that a second variant for it wouldnt be too time consuming or costly to make as far as I know.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrob View Post
I get what you are saying. I would just like to see an option to remove it. The two variations of the shirt had the rank in two different places. Referring to the picture of the Marine you pointed to, combining sleeve rank with the current shoulder rank would be like him wearing the General pin on the shoulder and a Captain's pin on his collar IMO.
I understand what you mean. I basically agree. But, I can look at it as the shoulder has scrambled eggs that look similar to Captain's ranks. IRL I've seen people mix up military insignia and think something is rank that isn't or mix up rank insignia. That being said, I can see somebody getting very distracted by it in game and it being a dealbreaker for them.
I like you're idea of being able to remove it, but I don't think that's possible.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I want to be able to take the gold braid off the shoulders so it can be more like the Touble with Tribbles/ Through a Mirror Darkly uniform. It just looks garish for a non-Dress uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the Season 1 Tunic...but I'm still more than happy to sport it over nothing. Sadly they added the rank braids from the Season 2 Tunic to our current one instead.

Getting rid of the Captain Shoulder rank is an option...but I'm hoping they make the Season 2 version and also the lighter green color.

With the hopes for the Season 2 Tunic, I would love to see the correct Female Dress Uniform. It's a mix of both the current nurse and female TOS shirt we have in game...just add the gold piping along the top and you're golden! (doh!...no pun intended)