Lt. Commander
# 11
04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I've been thinking that this could draw me back, but am I hearing it right that you get no Experience from Foundry Missions?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
My first mission in the Foundry (which I ported to Tribble and now to Holodeck) has absolutely no combat or scanning.

What you do in the mission:
  • Visit Vulcan's Forge.
  • Investigate a political group on Vulcan (responsible for violent uprisings against the current war effort)
  • Negotiate a peace talk between the powers-that-be and the political reform group.
  • Obtain a blood sample (through some gritty means)
  • Learn about a new joint-faction group trying to detect Undine infiltrators

It's called Drawing Proof and it works for what it attempts to do: avoid combat and avoid scanning games.
You sir, are brilliant.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neksis
I've been thinking that this could draw me back, but am I hearing it right that you get no Experience from Foundry Missions?
Not yet.

They're looking at turning it on in a few weeks (including the mission wrapper which grants bonus SP/Merits for the first few you do each day).
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
If you like non-combat missions, try 'The Forever of Madness'

Starfleet Medical calls you to transport a nurse to the USS Greyhorse where the captain is suffering from PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder).
Things go badly when you start receiving messages that the Captain has begun killing his crew.

You can watch the trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AL_EmOiS1s
Lt. Commander
# 15 Well
04-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacatchman View Post
So, you came back to pay to make your own playable content?

That's an interesting approach to games, I guess

You probably have like 4gb or so to patch. Overnight it.
I am going to assume that you think the Foundry is a bad idea. Why? As long as Cryptic continues to provide content I am not sure why allowing Star Trek fans (I am assuming most everyone playing the game is a ST fan) to create content is bad. I like the idea of being able to poke around in the ST universe and create my own stories. Knowing how creative ST fans tend to be I am expecting some fantastic content from the community as well.

Any the patch only to about 40 minutes. Nice.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I patched and came back for about 3 min, before logging out again. Nothing to see here. I was ever excited about Froundry and never will. I prob won't come back untill Season 4 when real updates/expansions are added to the game. Playing Rift for now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
/raises hand

Sad to say, my name won't turn blue until they do something worthwhile with PVP.

But i love the foundry even with its limitations. In my opinion it shows lots of potential. The question is will they build to what it can be or move on to something else and let it, like other parts of the game, rot, like PVP 13 months later and still the same ole broken PVP, but hey we got a new foundry.