Lt. Commander
I was wondering about this recently.

Is there a way to "program" the spawn point so only a playable character spawns and not their whole away team?

Like the Colisuem ground map, where your BOFFs are not present.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Doing something like this means your mission would be broken for people playing on teams (i.e. 2+ players).

I wouldn't recommend it unless you want poor reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Well, it's basically a testing map, not one for live deployment.

I'm practicing my melee combos on targets and I don't want 4 security officers following me around getting in the way.

But I know it worked in Colliseum, the number of enemies scaled to the number of human players in Collisuem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Place the spawn as high as you can: The BOFFs die upon impact, live players don't .
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2011, 06:48 PM
you could possibly add some objects like forcefields into the map, that start as hidden, but when a place marker is reached, the forcefield becomes visable. The Place marker only registers when your live character reaches it, not your away team characters. I did something similar to this in the first map of my mission "The Regula Incident", i used a hidden door/wall that became visible upon entry to the ready room and thusly locked out all my away team members
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
You could just click the waypoint icon and have them stay somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Yeah, i tried the waypoint method, but every time I reset the map for another round, the waypoint is deleted.

And I'm not looking to do fancy tricks, I just want the spawn point to do the hard part for me.

If what Cryptic claim is true, that the featured episodes were created with the Foundry and I can't replicate the spawn point from the Colisuem arena, I'd doubt the veracity of that claim.