Lt. Commander
After recently creating a Ferengi character for in-game role-playing and getting to know the colorful gang of rogues that frequent the barrooms and backrooms of Deep Space Nine, I'm interested in forming a fleet dedicated to such characters.

The alliance would be open to any and all Ferengi as well as any who play their characters as independent traders, unaffiliated agents, or intergalactic conmen, the sort of characters who are just as interested in dominating the exchange or the Dabo tables as they are in running missions. There are countless fleets devoted to Starfleet officers, fleets founded on notions of bravery and duty. But, as we all know, dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack and there are few, if any, fleets that specifically cater to the little guy, that sharp-toothed Ferengi you'll find scheming by your side in Club 47 or at Quark's.

In this friendly, flexible fleet there would be a special emphasis on RP but any and all playing styles would be welcome. There are many paths to profit. We're all involved to enjoy Star Trek Online to the fullest, whether we choose to do it at Drozana Station or on the PvP battlefields. The community will aim to bring together like-minded characters to share the wealth, so to speak, and to teach each other new tricks. There's a lot of profit to be made out there, whether you're mining for latinum, emblems, or medals of excellence!

I've been involved in a number of discussions on the forum lately regarding the potential inherent to a Ferengi-based faction, or a faction of unaffiliated merchants and traders, for Star Trek Online. It's a wonderful idea, and it's got me thinking, but we could be waiting a long time. For the moment, this fleet will endeavor to fill the gap.

If you're at all interested in joining, don't be shy. Call out across Quark's bar or drop me a mail message and let me know! Remember Rule of Acquisition 284: "Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi."
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm happy to report that the Ferengi Alliance has been successfully launched with a small pack of friendly, eager, profit-hungry Ferengi already onboard. If you've got a character who roams the Star Trek Online universe as an independent trader, market speculator, mercenary, or the like, we'd love to have you along. There's a free case of Slug-o-Cola to all who join!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Ya know... if you're ever in the Alpha Centuri sector, feel free to swing by Deep Space 8. Well when the refit is finished... for now I'm frequenting Starbase 39
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.Brex
Ya know... if you're ever in the Alpha Centuri sector, feel free to swing by Deep Space 8. Well when the refit is finished... for now I'm frequenting Starbase 39
Deep Space 8, eh? I'll put a pushpin in my galaxy map!