Lt. Commander
# 1 Time to discuss endgame....
04-03-2011, 11:07 PM
I know I am not the only one who feels this way and I think it is high time we have a discussion about it. The endgame content in STO is seriously lacking. We have 3 and a half STFs, and a couple dailies. We can explore the B'Tran Cluster a whole bunch or play STFs that are really only fun the first time you play them and are short and lack cohesion. I feel like once I am top level, and have gotten my Borg implants, I am just done with the game. There seems to be no incentive to keep playing STO at endgame. I mean sure people like to roleplay on their ships or create foundry missions to further roleplay but this post isn't for those people. This is for the people that actually want a good game in the Star Trek Universe. I think Cryptic seriously needs to stop focusing mainly on creating new C-Store content to bleed us dry and start focusing on more things to do. As it stands right now, you might as well get to Vice Admiral, then start a new character and get him to Vice Admiral until you have filled up your character slots and then you have completed the game. You can only stretch PvP so far until people wants some solid content releases. We as paying customers deserve an in depth experience at top level where we can truly make our captains and ships unique and undertake huge adventures within the ST universe. Instead we are bombarded by never ending C-Store additions and hardly any new content. And when we do get new content, it is for low level characters? There is seriously some major content gaps in this game and an almost nonexistent endgame experience. I think we should discuss here what changes and additions they could make to the raid and group content, and what they could add to keep players interested when they have finished the leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I think most people forget just how long this game has been going. Back in the early days of WoW, endgame options were severely lacking, whether this being from a PvE standpoint or a PvP one. Yet because of that game, it seems every other game should have what WoW does now. At least this is how it seems every time i read a new thread about a lack of content or things to do here. I'm under no illusion that STO has a treasure trove of options, yet i am aware of the time frame of development based on MMO's i have played, and when and where they were at various stages. Just for the fact you seem to think the C-Store is there to bleed us dry speaks volumes (it doesn't, as we are not forced to use it in any way shape or form, but that is another thread). We were already made aware of this content lull we are in at the moment, yet Foundry has just gone live to ease this slightly till the next Season gets introduced. Yes its not endgame by any means, but it is another step in the right direction for this game.

You say once you are at top level and have all the Borg implants? So are you and do you? Your join date seems a little new to have so many concerns so soon about longevity i feel. I feel STF's for me become the opposite to how you described them. I have everything from the Borg Science Officer to a maxed out Diplomacy yet i will continue to help other Fleet (new) members get theirs, and at no point do i ever feel this is a burden or waste of time, because i actually really do enjoy my time in STO. Yes i want more, i really do. I can't wait for 'The Hive' and whatever comes after that. Well i suppose i can since i didn't make this thread.

My point is exactly my opening sentence. But then the patience of so many is a little poor to say the least, especially when we add the line of 'i'm a paying customer'. Yes we all are, and that shouldn't change our understanding of how a game develops, or is developing. This thread will end up coming across like another 'i want to run before i can walk'. Things take time. Yet to get those little C-Store digs in as you have is once again frustrating. Compare how much has been done since December to new C-Store items and its easy to forget just how hard the Cryptic team has been working. Its a real shame we have to keep knocking them down, it really is, but the changes are there as plain to see and a good sign as to where this game is going. Season 4 is a matter of a few months away. If you've done everything in game, well done. Maybe take a break, whatever, but if you are going to start a discussion about endgame, understand that there are plenty of positives rather than adding the negative C-Store line frankly many of us have heard enough of. Though i'm only speaking for others like you have, and it is very easily done if you know a few people alone that share your opinions.

Fleet 'Fleet Actions' and '(Into?) The Hive' are coming. We know this. PvP is getting addressed in some fashion (Leaderboards, etc), and hopefully this will introduce perhaps a set of tiered gear/items that will add longevity to game type as more maps just won't cut it alone.
I'm all about discussing the next step for STO, because i want more and more. Yet if we are having this discussion, at least understand where we are at currently with the game in terms of its time frame. I have a frame of reference with WoW, and look where that game is now. Considering Cryptic's smaller team by far, i still think we are on a very good track indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Posting this 5 times......seriously??

Please GMMeeko lock them.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Not great
04-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post

Fleet 'Fleet Actions' and '(Into?) The Hive' are coming. We know this. PvP is getting addressed in some fashion (Leaderboards, etc), and hopefully this will introduce perhaps a set of tiered gear/items that will add longevity to game type as more maps just won't cut it alone.
I'm all about discussing the next step for STO, because i want more and more. Yet if we are having this discussion, at least understand where we are at currently with the game in terms of its time frame. I have a frame of reference with WoW, and look where that game is now. Considering Cryptic's smaller team by far, i still think we are on a very good track indeed.
while i wont quote everything you have said i think it best to understand the full spectrum of the game. My time frame in STo is older yet I have the same concern as the person above you. Lets be clear huge mistakes where done and we the paying customer was used as a test bed to get those mistakes fixed. Those are the facts. While i do have patience i dont think it is correct for a company to produce a game based upon lies and then ask its customer to wait longer for change only for the company to produce its real features and then they pass it off as the game is growing. To this date the game is behind. It is in a state of flux. While changing to the original mission statement it was to be launched as. It is not great.

To many features are still missing and yes to many attributes for the C-store have been produced to prey on the star trek fan base greed for trek items. I dont find anything wrong with making a profit. I find it wrong to lie or mislead customers into a false sense of gamer accomplishment. currently right now the game at end game is grinding. that is your option. The game has to many loops and holes. to many still incomplete attributes that can not give a person and option besides to grind.

star trek was about learning, Star trek was about understanding, star trek was about exploring the unknown of yourself and your purpose. STO is not star trek but is becoming a mission statement of greed based on star trek exploitation. The evidence is from its C-Store content exceeds its free game content.
I would enjoy the end game grind if it was diferent but it is not. There is no random attribute or change in mission sequence. its rinse and repeat and wait hmmm 4 months or who knows for new cryptic content which only last in truth 4 days. These are the facts of STO.

The foundry, what is its purpose. oh simple to have you do the developers work for them. This foundry doesnt advance the game. interact with the game itself or change the game mechanics and explore the new frontier. This foundry does nothing more but keep the people blind and dumb to continue to play STO.

Oh yeah you can create or recreate your favorite missions. was the main stance for the foundry almost a year ago up until the end of march and then once the foundry came out this little statement came in
"PLAYERS CAN NOT USE ANY OF THE CHARACTERS FROM ANY OF THE STAR TREK MATERIAL SHOWS OR MOVIES." There is really no end game. there is no war in the game and their is no gain or loss. There is no understanding of teaching from the game. its just a miss match of half done attributes with a huge C-store inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2011, 04:57 AM
Creating duplicate posts is against forum rules. I am closing this thread.
Closed Thread