Lt. Commander
I am having a problem with objects in space that are set to triggers. I have various objects set to only be visible when triggered. Unfortunately I noticed that these objects are visible on the mini map when I load into the map even before they are triggered, thus kinda of killing the reason they are invisible. If there is a way to prevent this, or some other wisdom for this problem please do share.
Thus I told myself, well maybe blank the mini map. I read some threads on how to do it on the ground, but could not find any with ideas for space.
Any suggestions or advice on how to solve these problems is more than appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2011, 05:04 AM
You can blank the mini-map with the effect for being jammed/ in a nebula. It is under "effects" I believe and there are 2 versions, one that causes just screen fuzz, and another that causes screen fuzz and blocks the mini-map from functioning. I know that isn't ideal since you now have to explain why the ship is being "jammed" or what not and it shoehorns your story, but its the only way I know to do it.

Note - I haven't actually tested to see if that effect works the way it says it does in the description. I believe it is the effect that was used on "The Vault" mission where you can sneak in via the nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm working on a mission now actually where I use the jamming effect. It works pretty well, and I explain why pretty much the same way the vault did. I placed a Nebula down, and then added the effect in the same area.

I wasn't even aware that hidden objects show on the map. i'll have to look. It could be something with the object you are using, but i'll verify.
Lt. Commander
# 4 jamming working out for now
04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for your the help. The jamming works out well for the issue I was having. In my story I am just using it to show massive damage to the ship. Funny enough that actually fits the story well...lol....Interested to hear more about the topic of objects that are supposed to be invisible before triggered showing up on the mini-map if anyone else runs into it.