Lt. Commander
# 121
03-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I have a long list of questions for this:

1) Will there be an option to sync character appearances over multiple costumes (like change makeup or facial hair and have an option to apply it to all costumes)?
2) Can we have some villains from Starfleet Command and Elite Force? I would love the ISC or the Vohrsoth to make an appearance. The Empty Crown from EF2 would be nice too.
3) Will it be possible to accept other music players? I hate Winamp and refuse to use iTunes.
4) Will it be possible to make some emotes have an auto-root protocol (like sitting in a chair root to a certain point and turn angle so there isn't all this awkward looking stuff)?
5) Is the OMEGA molecule slated to make an appearance?
6) Will there ever be an option to design our own clothes (like material, fit, style, hats, etc)?
7) Are there significant expansions to Federation scientific missions coming?
8) Can there be missions where, as a Klingon, we have the option to capture a ship instead of destroying it?
9) Can there be an official option for Orions with the Federation, or at least a C-Store costume option for Orion outfits? I love some of their options!
10) Would it be possible to have an option to once in the career, or purchase from C-Store, a defection for one character?
11) Please have there be more melee weapons for the Federation. I want a katana, or customizable weapon option (i.e. hilt options, blade options, unique qualitiy, double edged, double blade, etc)?
12) Are there plans for Centaurian or Holographic officers? Maybe some from the TV shows too.
13) Are there plans for pets based off current TV shows (the LOST "monster" for example)?
14) Are some of the combat/Crafting revamps going to include the option to choose the unique features of a weapon or allow a single "attachment" to alter it?
15) I would love to play the KDF more, but they are so glitchy that I don't want to. Are there major patches on the way?
16) Can the KDF have a smoother intro? I have been wandering around without any missions other than those that you acquire in the moment and am tired of it, I want more KDF Command assigned missions.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn89 View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned. But in the near future we are going to able to explor the sol system. My question is are we going to be able to visit pluto? Because according to one of the star trek books pluto was "consumed" by a borg cube.
Unfortunately the books are not canon (personally they are, but not officially), however, there is a way around this.
This is an "alternate" timeline from what the books are following and therefore we can justify this as being a timeline difference: the Borg were affected differently by Janeway's virus in this timeline than in the book timeline. That means the Borg "eating" Pluto (or that timeline) can still happen in a future TV show or movie.
Lt. Commander
# 123 ask cryptic march 2011
03-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi there,
about question #10. I do hope that some of the earlier kits(say for engineer) can be made for a tactical
officer?? for example, the support drone fabrication could be altered as an attack drone deployment for
tactical. and hopefully updatable micro or mini phaser and photon grenade launchers?? also, somewhere
you mmentioned the ambassador class ship from "yesterday's enterprise" might make it to the c-store??
could the galaxy class battleship (also from "yesterday's enterprise") make it to the c-store???

thanks for the great game!!!!!

Ken
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Hey, thought of a few more questions/requests:

1. Fleet uniforms. Not liking the limited choices we currently have. They are somewhat limited and frankly, don't have the pizzaz the purchasable ones have.
Could you please consider a cool uniform, (maybe two, a dress uniform or such), available exclusively to members of a fleet? Maybe something similar to the vetran's or diplomatic one? Then allow customization of this said uniform/s, so each fleet could customize it?

2. Fleet accolades. Could you consider these so that they could be given by fleet admirals to fleet members for achievements within one's fleet? something basic, like fleet crafter, most helpful, or mission leader,
or maybe something fleet admirals could define. It could simulate getting a medal from your fleet admiral, recognizing achievements within one's fleet.

3. Could you please consider race accolades? My primary is a Vulcan. I think it would be great for him to travel to Vulcan, do a mission with a monk there and get a Kolinar accolade or something to that effect.
You could open these accolades to other races too as well.

4. Battle damage hull textures. We have a few different hull textures for our ships at the moment. I just thought it would be great to be able to select a hull texture that shows some phaser scorching or something similar to the damage the Enterprise had, after the Wrath of Khan. We're at war after all, not every ship will fly around looking like it's fresh out of dry dock. I would imagine that some ships would have to wait for cosmetic repairs, particularly if they are on a tour of duty. Could you consider adding something like this?

Decommissioning ships. As a sort of alternative to a "death penalty", on either advanced or elite, Could you consider an order from Starfleet calling for the Decommissioning of a player ship due to it being too badly damaged? The ship would then limp home, go to the ship repair guy at the shipyard, and for a energy credit fee, "rename" your ship, (or adding a new letter), to simulate getting another one? (Just don't make the fee to steep tho! LOL ) I just think it would be more of a immersive experience in game, while providing the "penalty" some desire. It would also be good for roleplay.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Can we expect a revamp of Deep Space Nine?
Will there be additional set-items that include visuals? Like the Mirror Universe visuals?
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-30-2011, 07:14 AM
(1) Is there any concrete plans for a specific season devoted to space PvP concerns? Territory Control and New PvP maps are at very bottom of the priority for Cryptic at the moment.

(1a) Can we get more feedback from developers on what their plans are for these new PVP maps? Perhaps details on what kind of game play style they intend to implement? How they envision territory control PvP will work?

(2) Will DS9 be receiving new content that will make it a hub for dailies as well to make that zone more relevant?

(3) I heard rumours of STO's engine not being able to support starbase assault contents. Is this a permanent condition or is there a chance that the engine can be updated to accommodate such game play in the future?

(4) With the departure of Snix, will there be another developer assigned to oversee the PvP game play mechanics?
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Can we expect a revamp of Deep Space Nine?
Will there be additional set-items that include visuals? Like the Mirror Universe visuals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
(1) Is there any concrete plans for a specific season devoted to space PvP concerns? Territory Control and New PvP maps are at very bottom of the priority for Cryptic at the moment.

(1a) Can we get more feedback from developers on what their plans are for these new PVP maps? Perhaps details on what kind of game play style they intend to implement? How they envision territory control PvP will work?

(2) Will DS9 be receiving new content that will make it a hub for dailies as well to make that zone more relevant?

(3) I heard rumours of STO's engine not being able to support starbase assault contents. Is this a permanent condition or is there a chance that the engine can be updated to accommodate such game play in the future?

(4) With the departure of Snix, will there be another developer assigned to oversee the PvP game play mechanics?
Q: The previous two posters have questions regarding Starbases and DS9 specifically - it seems that the game so far is missing "real" Starbases with multiple weapon mounts (possibly targeted individually), and tries to "fake" it with turrets. Will this ever be revamped? And will either turrets or armed starbases be added to the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
*deleted, wrong thread*
Lt. Commander
# 129 Block Fleets Invite Spam
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Are you planning allowing us to block Fleets invite spam?