Lt. Commander
Anyone ever pick up a diplomatic investigation from Sugihara in one of the Romulan sectors (IE: Khazan/Areffir/Eridan). It's starts off as say......"Scan the D'arsay Graves" or a "Scan the Gorgans" type of mission, but when you beam down, it's a combat mission of some sort?

I've submitted a few tickets when one of my alts started exploring those sectors, but all I got was to exit the mission and try again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Those missions, even though they have combat in them, should still give diplo XP. That is, if you still have to scan the graves (or collect the crashed probe remains, or whatever). Beaming down to find only bad guys to fight with no scanning to be done, then yeah, that's probably not going to gain you any diplo XP.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 12:44 AM
That's not quite what I'm saying. I requested a Diplomatic Investigation from Sugihara, and then go to the appropriate exploration sector (This usually happens when I go to one of the Romulan sectors.)
Once I enter, I click on the Diplomatic Investigations and I am transferred to that star system. It starts off as a non-combat mission with all the BOff dialogue mentioning the kind of things that I might have to scan on said planet (D'arsay Graves, Gorgans, Alien Artifacts, etc)
I beam down (usually with my lower ranking BOffs assuming I'll be only scanning stuff)
I end up with a mission where I'm liberating a colony from the Romulans. Somehow these missions are swapping once I beam down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
That's not quite what I'm saying. I requested a Diplomatic Investigation from Sugihara, and then go to the appropriate exploration sector (This usually happens when I go to one of the Romulan sectors.)
Once I enter, I click on the Diplomatic Investigations and I am transferred to that star system. It starts off as a non-combat mission with all the BOff dialogue mentioning the kind of things that I might have to scan on said planet (D'arsay Graves, Gorgans, Alien Artifacts, etc)
I beam down (usually with my lower ranking BOffs assuming I'll be only scanning stuff)
I end up with a mission where I'm liberating a colony from the Romulans. Somehow these missions are swapping once I beam down.
I'd love for that to happen more often to spice things up. I've had that happen to me once or twice but I just assumed it was supposed to happen. Sometimes diplomacy fails after all
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
As long as you get DXP, it's a diplomatic mission, and as others have said, I wish this would happen more often as it's nuts to think NOTHING unexpected can happen, even on a diplomatic assignment, and the Star Trek TV series episodes themselves are rife with such examples.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I have had this issue on multiple ocassions, always in the Khazan Cluster.

- Enter system.
- Approach planet (or base)
- Beam in
- Suddenly it's a patrol and NOT a dip mission. No DXP for completing, because killing squads is the mission.

qab...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorDaq View Post
I have had this issue on multiple ocassions, always in the Khazan Cluster.

- Enter system.
- Approach planet (or base)
- Beam in
- Suddenly it's a patrol and NOT a dip mission. No DXP for completing, because killing squads is the mission.

qab...
Thanks for explaining this. I have reported this bug a couple times, but no actual response.
One of my priorities was levelling up an ALT in the FDC, since I didn't actually recieve a Diplo mission, I don't get DXP, and I feel somewhat cheated.

Things like that happen in Star Trek, yes but usually it means something else happened that changed the original mission (Like being abducted for gladitorial combat or Romulan experiments)
Things like that doesn't normally happen when you are say, about to translate D'arsay graves.