Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hello, after much anticipation on my part and a long time in the thought works I have made my first jump into the Foundry.

I just finished and published my first mission made in the Foundry last night, and I assume it's still in the initial play test review stage where it needs to be completed X number of times. With all that has happened involving the Foundry going to Holodeck I have some questions: Before it's been completed that X number of times is it still on the Holodeck servers but only available to Reviewers? Is there any way to tell how many players/reviewers have gone through the mission? Is there currently a backlog of reviewers for Foundry missions? If so, is it so much so that I need to do some advertising here to get attention?

A lot of these questions have been addressed but the dates are all pre-Foundry launch on Holodeck so I don't know what is still accurate. Any info is appreciated, I'm looking forward to sharing what I worked on.


If I do need to advertise and anyone is interested here is the info and the little blurb:

Author: XR-377
Title: Personal Reflection
ID: ST-HIN4MU3TR
Allegiance: Starfleet
Level: 31+

Description:
Things are not as they seem aboard the U.S.S. Khitomer and due to your history with the vessel you have been asked to investigate. However, the secrets she hides may lead to far more than a personal reflection...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Advertising definitely helps. Here is a great site:

http://starbaseugc.com/

Also, the fact that your mission requires level 31 excludes anyone below that level from playing it. But I'll give it a try on my RA later on
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Awesome, I look forward to the Grand Nagus' appraisal.


Also I understand the level limits; I designed it to be 31+ so that the player has some missions under their belt. It makes the mission text flow better if they are Captain and higher. You'll... see what I mean.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Congrats on your first mission.

I haven't played it yet, but I have one small suggestion.

In your description, change "do" to "due." You're going to be attacked by the grammar police at some point, so I thought I'd get you started. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
H
I just finished and published my first mission made in the Foundry last night, and I assume it's still in the initial play test review stage where it needs to be completed X number of times. With all that has happened involving the Foundry going to Holodeck I have some questions: Before it's been completed that X number of times is it still on the Holodeck servers but only available to Reviewers? Is there any way to tell how many players/reviewers have gone through the mission? Is there currently a backlog of reviewers for Foundry missions? If so, is it so much so that I need to do some advertising here to get attention?
.
Hi there! Yes, there are quite a few missions sitting in reviewer-limbo right now, including my first mission (which I published on Sunday and hasn't been played yet). I suspect we're in an explosion of creativity right now, and few people are actively reviewing.

I know it will be hard for me to keep my enthusiasm up for making missions if no one plays them. I hope this settles out and all of these excellent missions start getting some play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
Hi there! Yes, there are quite a few missions sitting in reviewer-limbo right now, including my first mission (which I published on Sunday and hasn't been played yet). I suspect we're in an explosion of creativity right now, and few people are actively reviewing.

I know it will be hard for me to keep my enthusiasm up for making missions if no one plays them. I hope this settles out and all of these excellent missions start getting some play.
What is your mission named?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
In your description, change "do" to "due." You're going to be attacked by the grammar police at some point, so I thought I'd get you started. Good luck!
Thanks, it's things like that I miss after staring at a screen for hours looking for big errors. And here the opening blurb should be setting a good impression. Thanks again; spelling and grammatical errors are a quick and easy fix.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
XR, I played your mission this morning. I thought it was a good story and well made up to the part in the engineering room where you are supposed to defeat Mercedes. There were just too many engineers and sciences officers. I probably spent 10 mins in that room fighting the same NPCs that just kept healing and recharging each others shields. Honestly, I just got tired and quit. But I enjoyed the mission up to that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What is your mission named?
"Of Minds and Men" (ST-HBF3QVJTL). It's a relatively simple mission, as it was my first, but I hope people have fun with it in any case.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
XR, I played your mission this morning. I thought it was a good story and well made up to the part in the engineering room where you are supposed to defeat Mercedes. There were just too many engineers and sciences officers. I probably spent 10 mins in that room fighting the same NPCs that just kept healing and recharging each others shields. Honestly, I just got tired and quit. But I enjoyed the mission up to that.
I'm not sure how much that can be helped. Sometimes the random spawn creates more of those units than at other times. If you're unlucky, it can make for a long fight. Unfortunately you don't have much control over that, other than to try not to have more than one squad in the fight at a time.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.