Lt. Commander
# 1 Anti[Borg] weapons
04-06-2011, 09:07 AM
The weapons with the [Borg] that you get from STFs. Is there anyway or is there already extra damage that come from those weapons to players using Borg components on their ship. It would makes those weapons viable for PvP greatly because most people use the borg parts.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Borg parts don't turn your ship into borg npc type.

Also, the occssional proc is not going to offset the lower dps numbers for not being an MK XI or even further behind XII.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
so very right on
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
When you add borg parts to your ship it is essentially becoming borg. So it would make sense if those weapons caused more damage. Plus in the Lt.Gen/ VA level STF's you get Mk XI weapons with the Borg effect. I would also modify this damage for how many borg parts there are. So with 4 borg parts it's getting to be pretty effective on your systems.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratter116 View Post
When you add borg parts it your ship is essentially becoming borg. So it would make sense if those weapons caused more damage. Plus in the Lt.Gen/ VA level STF's you get Mk XI weapons with the Borg effect. I would also modify this damage for how many borg parts there are. So with 4 borg parts it's getting to be pretty effective on your systems.
You are not the only one who wants this dynamic to happen.
The issue is the Borg proc is applied to Borg Npc's.....not Borg consoles/components.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I know I was more asking cryptic if this could be made possible or if they are already doing so
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
regardless you would still be 100% better off with Mk XI purple emblem weapons. Or Mk XII blue... It would take testing but I would imagine MK XII Green weapons would even do more dmg then the extra "borg" proc.

PvP wise if they made this change... it would really not be the way to go.

However I don't see any reason not to allow it. Just don't expect a big uptick in dmg, over the newer weapon choices.

On the Technical side it may not be possible to implement... as the proc would have to know what borg units a ship would have. Not sure how Cryptics servers work that way