Lt. Commander
I've noticed that several of us (including myself) are having a very hard time getting just one person to try our first missions. We are the ones that are typically unfleeted or do not play with real life friends.

So, I thought I would start this thread for people who are looking for people to try their first missions. I would be happy to try out some of yours in exchange for the same.

If this thread actually turns out to be useful, please post feedback constructively and politely to each other.

My mission is in my sig. Just waiting for someone...anyone...to play it. It was fun to make...but after three days without a bite, I am a bit deflated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Although my mission is already 'established', i'll be happy to play your mission. Ive been waiting for yours in fact, and now that i checked, i see i missed your original notice.

I'll get to it as soon as i can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
How oh how were you waiting for mine? don't feel like you have to rush. Thanks for the interest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Most reviewers have a pile of missions that they've been working on. I know PodcastUGC routinely gets fan mail begging them to review the mission. But, if you're not up for public bashings (if your mission isn't up to par with their standards) feel free to drop by the StarbaseUGC chatroom. There's usually someone hanging around there and if you ask nicely they'll play your mission.

Also, I feel your plight on that one. I used to do reviews on the StarbaseUGC website. Long story short, people didn't like me doing reviews (My gut tells me that I was purposely muscled out). Apparently the reviewing missions game is just as competitive as the get people to play my mission game. The point of that story was that I used to only review missions that had only one review mission or the mission that was sitting around with no reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranman1988 View Post
Also, I feel your plight on that one. I used to do reviews on the StarbaseUGC website. Long story short, people didn't like me doing reviews (My gut tells me that I was purposely muscled out). Apparently the reviewing missions game is just as competitive as the get people to play my mission game. The point of that story was that I used to only review missions that had only one review mission or the mission that was sitting around with no reviews.
I do remember those reviews. I cant say i didnt like them personally, so i was slightly disappointed to see you end them. I agree the reviewing game is pretty competitive though.

Btw, CardassianNinja, I've played your mission. Ive got some feedback for you on it, so if you want i can just post it here, or send you a private PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Just played your mission. I sent you an email with a review. I would not post anything publicly for your first mission. It just seems polite.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I just keep my sig up to date with my missions :p

I'd like to get them played before moving on to other missions. Got my tribble trilogy I'd like to re-work and port over to holodeck.

Then on to Klingons! Just wish I could have Klink v Klink so I could have a house battle. Kinda lame we can't do this without reskinning and losing sweet bat'leth on Bat'leth action...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
That sounds like a reasonable idea. I'm going to give your mission a go in a minute!

If you want to check out mine, you'll find a link to its thread in my sig.

edit: Just played your mission! (possible spoilers below)

I really liked the pace and the story. I spotted several typos, so you might want to look over the dialogs (which otherwise were great) again before re-publishing.
I was a bit confused when placing the pattern enhancers on the Cardassian ship - I think it would be better to replace the "reach marker" objective with "interact with object", and put an invisible object where the enhancers appear afterwards.
You could also add more fluff to the mission, like putting more NPCs on DS9, let the enemy groups on the satellite work on consoles before you attack, etc. But I consider that stuff bonus material.

Overall I gave 4 stars
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks all. I really didn't intend for this to be a play mine thread. I honestly intended to share with other first time authors.

I agree the pattern enhancers are a bit sloppy. I didn't know about the invisible object, so I will consider that. I also wanted to have the groups actually beam out once they are placed, but I couldn't figure that out with the states screen. Putting things in is easy but taking them away is difficult. So I had to do the map change.

Also agree the ds9 is a bit deserted. It was tough not seeing the wandering before publish. I plan to add more people.

Pm or public feedback is fine for me.

Does anyone need me to play theirs?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I also wanted to have the groups actually beam out once they are placed, but I couldn't figure that out with the states screen. Putting things in is easy but taking them away is difficult. So I had to do the map change.
I thought the map change was actually quite a clever solution, because currently you can't let NPCs disappear/beam out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
Does anyone need me to play theirs?
I don't need you to play my mission (Andoria Prime), but I am happy about every review I get.