Lt. Commander
# 21
04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.PFDennis
Thanks Ooiue. That was a very kind review. I do have an issue with Mission Tracker. I 've got to get it into my head that it is to supply direction and not to introduce the forthcoming plotline. It's one of those things I will remind myself of, in all forthcoming missions. I've got to put a couple of post-it's up on my monitor for this issue and for typos. I tend to leave a few of those behind as well. Thanks again. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's the reason why we bother to do it in the first place, right?
dont worry about it. your not the only one .

but yes, your missions are very excellent and I enjoyed them. make more! lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-06-2011, 02:44 PM
peace sells part 2: The Bait

The first part I'm sorta proud of, but the second is a lot better in my opinion, but I don't think it has gotten enough attention due to how mediocre the first one was. So I'd prefer to have someone review the second part instead,
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Mission Review

Name:- Stirring the Hornets Nest - By sabredruid

Prologue

An investigation of a distress signal in the Alhena system in Eta Eridani uncovers a plot that threatens the integrity of the whole Klingon Empire.

Story/Plot

1 star

The story i found was messy. it didnt flow well and nothing made sense. i actually didnt complete the mission because i just got bored of it.

Environment/Map Design

5 stars

this is the only good thing about the mission to be honest. the environments were fantastic and you obviously know your way around the Foundry quite a bit. like!

Combat

1 star

it felt like an exploit mission more than a storyline. im not really a combat person but i enjopy it as a KDF character. however there was way too much at once several times and it just got boring fighting then moving then fighting then moving with dialogue.

you also messed up with the assigning who is who on NPC groups. you can give them a costume and a name but their powers will never change no matter what. i saw an engineer reviving one of their other officers like a combat medic. didnt make sense.

Dialogue

1 star

use capital letters! i found hardly any at all in the dialogue and whilst you did use Klingon phrases and you used actual Klingon language, it didnt make sense and my boff wondering how he could rule the Empire came out of nowhere. the dialogue with the orion female was the most annoying as she spoke out to me as if I was her inferior. i said she should shut up but the tree was set to fail.

FINAL VERDICT:- 1 Star

I didn't enjoy it. infact, I didnt complete the mission because i just got bored of it. storyline was messy as was the dialogue and it seemed like an exploit Fed mission more than an actual first part of a series. i find it difficult to start a series but this was just boring.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
peace sells part 2: The Bait

The first part I'm sorta proud of, but the second is a lot better in my opinion, but I don't think it has gotten enough attention due to how mediocre the first one was. So I'd prefer to have someone review the second part instead,
ill play the first part of your storyline but wont plant a review of it on here. i will review the 2nd part as you requested because i want to understand the storyline first . any series is hard to start and I have experience with it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the critique. I understand not everyone is gonna feel the same about different missions. I did find 7 missed capital letters. But re going over all the reviews I've had almost everyone Liked the dialog. in fact I think 4% didn't like the dialog so pretty acceptable. I'd already adjusted the dialog for the other 2 that didn't like it so, I'm comfortable with that.

As to the combat situation, that is pretty much a limitation of the foundry. Out of my enemy options for klingons with the powers available I had the choice of Feds or Mirror feds. Mirror feds powers match klingons better, but that puts the mission at level 31+ which is actually the way I had it for most of the time the mission was on foundry. I actually only lowered it maybe a week ago to straight feds.

Now with the renaming mobs, this is also a limitation. If I pick a spawn of 5 mobs for example, those 5 mobs will not always spawn the same class. I picked the ones more often spawning as medics and renamed them medics (due to feedback of not knowing who the medics were), but thats the best I could do.

So overall I fixed the caps issue and I am considering some of the story to fit best with part 2. Everything else is either foundry limitations or the vast majority feel differently about.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredruid View Post
Thanks for the critique. I understand not everyone is gonna feel the same about different missions. I did find 7 missed capital letters. But re going over all the reviews I've had almost everyone Liked the dialog. in fact I think 4% didn't like the dialog so pretty acceptable. I'd already adjusted the dialog for the other 2 that didn't like it so, I'm comfortable with that.

As to the combat situation, that is pretty much a limitation of the foundry. Out of my enemy options for klingons with the powers available I had the choice of Feds or Mirror feds. Mirror feds powers match klingons better, but that puts the mission at level 31+ which is actually the way I had it for most of the time the mission was on foundry. I actually only lowered it maybe a week ago to straight feds.

Now with the renaming mobs, this is also a limitation. If I pick a spawn of 5 mobs for example, those 5 mobs will not always spawn the same class. I picked the ones more often spawning as medics and renamed them medics (due to feedback of not knowing who the medics were), but thats the best I could do.

So overall I fixed the caps issue and I am considering some of the story to fit best with part 2. Everything else is either foundry limitations or the vast majority feel differently about.
i think the NPC's would have been better left at Hirogen because it just doesnt seem right for Gorn and Orions using phasers :/. yeah Foundry does have its limitations but there are works around them which you probably need to take into account.

this does have potential of a great story, its just you need to clean it up a bit more
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Mission Review

Name:- The Enemy of the Enemy - By HathorSC

Prologue

The Federation plans to annex an M Class planet in the Neutral Zone, although close to enemy lines. The Federation annexing this prime location threatens The Empire. Besides a strategic location, the crew must determine if this planet has things to profit from.

Story/Plot

1 star

The only plotline was go to the planet and defend the locals only to find out they wanted the best out of any faction. was weak.

Environment/Map Design

4 stars

you didnt do to bad with the environments. a few more tthings possibly could boost it up but great .

Combat

2 stars

felt like an exploit fed NPC group mission. it was kill 4 things, story, kill 4 things, story, kill 2 things then another last boss. was boring but it do accept it is the Neutral Zone so i gave you 2 stars

Dialogue

2 stars

the OCC command was uncessary throughout the dialogue's, you dont need it . there were spelling errors and mistakes but there was hardly any dialogue at all so expanding upon this story could be a LOT more beneficial.

i alsio fund pop up dialogues with the same character arguing with himself. try to clean up the costume schedules

FINAL VERDICT:- 2 Stars

It is your first mission I know but a lot more story could have been put into it. it is the Neutral Zone so combat is expected but I found too much. improving these areas of your mission will lead to a much better review .
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Mission Review

Name:- Peace Sells Part 2: The Bait - By Geoff_484

Prologue

In this follow up to "Peace Sells... But who's buying?" you must interrogate a stubborn Admiral to obtain vital information and help prep an ambush attack on a squadron of some of the Federation's best ships.

Can you get the information you need from the Admiral to defeat the latest upgraded federation vessel?

Story/Plot

5 stars

Great storyline. your missions could have been a bit longer though but I am impressed by this storyline . keep it up!

Environment/Map Design

4 stars

maps are great. a spacey feeling to the space map when you rendezvous with the KDF ship which made it a lot better. also liked how you put the same console 4 times on the same space to simulate the torture of the Admiral .

Combat

5 stars

there was a good amount of combat. especially liked hiding in the asteroids and luring the feds to me instead of us going to them. proper tactics there so keep it up!

Dialogue

3 stars

you need to brush up on your dialogue a bit more as there were quite a few mistakes, such as lack of captial letters, spelling mistakes etc. I would have preferred it if my character had used his dialogue window more interactively so it seemed like I was talking to my crew but the dialogue a a whole needs a bit of work. LOVED the interrogation puzzle

FINAL VERDICT:- 4 Stars

Missions was great but too short for my liking. i love the storyline and the combat in this mission as well. if you brush up on your dialogue and your foundry knowledge (eg, how things work), then this mission could potentially be a 5 star one .
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-08-2011, 07:56 AM
ran out of missions to review xD

need more please
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the awesome review and the tips!

I'm still plotting the third part and I think I'm going to reference this review a lot to make it much better than the previous too. I actually noticed a lot of the missing capital letters as I was making and tried to clean them up as much as I could, but honestly my keyboard sucks and certain keys doesn't work half the time - I also have the problem as I'm typing half of words are missing.

As far as more dialogue options I will definitely consider this and focus more on that aspect in the next episode.

Anyways, thanks again for reviewing my mission!