Lt. Commander
# 11
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart View Post
Should anyone else manage to get more than 3-4 groups to aggro on the player please drop me a line and let me know what technique you used.
Haven't tried that particular thing myself, but I think you're butting heads against an engine forced limitation that Cryptic had to add into their game engines after players were deliberately getting enemies to chase them en-mass so the player could then unleash AoE attacks and decimate the whole lot in a short time. Granted, this particular case probably wasn't in STO itself but in Cryptic's first game, but I think the combat rules held and STO will not allow more than 3-4 groups to aggro on any one player. I may be wrong, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
Third, the enemy AI seems to be unable to cope when you position an actor too close to each other or too close to other objects. All actors had to be positioned so they could run straight down the ramp and I really wanted them to come from all directions in the room and run out the door.
This may not be a deal-breaker. The pathing doesn't work correctly when you're playtesting in the editor before your first publish. The publishing is when it generates all the AI paths. If you publish, and then play-test in the editor again afterward, it should work better. Theoretically.

But who knows. I'm still finding that I can shoot through walls before and after publishing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm reading through your mission idea and I'm thinking that instead of asking members for their approval of your idea before taking it to the Foundry or Tribble, why not just produce the mission and ask players to comment on the mission afterwards? Part of the fun of doing STO missions, for me, is to discover the story that unfolds as I play. For me, this is true even replaying some of the early Ensign missions but nothing compares to the novelty of a first mission. Things aren't as interesting if I know everything about a mission before hand unless I'm replaying in order to perfect technique and improve my skill or something like it.

Go ahead and make your mission. I don't think you need anyone's approval before hand.