Lt. Commander
# 1 Once played, unpublished??
04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I have published my game several times and everyime I play it, or someone else does, it disappears and I hae to republish it again. And when I do, for some reason two of them pop up on the community auth. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Lt. Commander
# 2 bump
04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
bump. Still need help on this questions please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Okay, you have to understand how the publishing works.

First, once you publish your mission goes for review. Once a certain number of players complete your mission, it moves to the public search. Until that happens, it will be accessible ONLY by reviewers.

The good news is, anyone can be a reviewer. (so long as you're over 18 and agree to the terms).

Now, if you are a reviewer and you play your mission, it will disappear from the list. This is because you already played it, and they don't want reviewers playing the same missions over and over. They want them reviewing missions they haven't played, so they get approved and put on the public list.

Now, each time you publish, your mission gets sent back to the review phase. So, make sure you get it as close to perfect as you can the first time. As more and more missions go for review, yours can get pushed way down the list and it may take a long time for it get beyond the review phase.

Scondly, if you republish your mission, there shouldn't be a second copy of it unless you made a new project. Changes you make to the original keep the same ID number, so when you publish again it replaces the original mission.

This is how the system is supposed to work. If you found something that isn't working like this...it's possibly a bug, and you might want to report that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanaI
I have published my game several times and everyime I play it, or someone else does, it disappears and I hae to republish it again. And when I do, for some reason two of them pop up on the community auth. Any ideas on how to fix that?
When you open the mission screen become a reviewer. at the top of the screen there is a small down arrow, click it. Search for your mission, it should come up everytime.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrothgar
When you open the mission screen become a reviewer. at the top of the screen there is a small down arrow, click it. Search for your mission, it should come up everytime.
One odd thing though, is occasionally I have to cancel being a reviewer and then click the "Become Reviewer" button again before any missions will show up for me to review.

So far I've had to do that 3-4 times in order to find missions in the review phase. Hopefully the most recent update will fix this. It was specifically mentioned in the release notes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I believe that is a server issue. I took a mission, it didn't show up in my log. I couldn't search for it. I logged out, and back in and tried again. same thing.

So I thought I'd switch characters and try again, then got a "disconnected from server" error, logged back in and everything worked fine.

I think that lag from the game server to the foundry server is causing issues.