Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildred View Post
So I just completed this mission without firing a shot.

I'd just like to give a quick tip of the hat to whomever designed this mission.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Watching the Breen come about as I read what my science officer was saying... excellent.

Having the Breen ask for payment for the slaves. Not bad.

Having my tactical officer suggest something ... well... tactical. Great.

The science officer piping in with some brilliant scheme to fool the Breen sensors so we could beam off the Deferi and then get away before they discover the trick? BRILLIANT! Most Trek-like mission to date. Felt like the perfect starfleet solution to the problem. The only thing that could have made it better was voice-overs bringing that little extra bit of life to the Boffs actions.

But all in all, I loved it.
Crap,

should of read what the science officer said, I ended up destroying the ship killing the hostages and failed the mission.

I was subsuquently brought up on charges, stripped of my command and thrown in the brig.

Later tonight I will log on and roll a Klingon; out of bitterness and anger I'll take my revenge on all Fed players and learn to be the most cruel pvp player in the STO universe.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

(I'm such a nerd)
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
There are no 'nerds' in space.

Only Geeks....
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGerg
Crap,

should of read what the science officer said, I ended up destroying the ship killing the hostages and failed the mission.

I was subsuquently brought up on charges, stripped of my command and thrown in the brig.

Later tonight I will log on and roll a Klingon; out of bitterness and anger I'll take my revenge on all Fed players and learn to be the most cruel pvp player in the STO universe.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

(I'm such a nerd)
you know, it's a daily mission, you can try it again every 18 hours
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildred View Post
The science officer piping in with some brilliant scheme to fool the Breen sensors so we could beam off the Deferi and then get away before they discover the trick? BRILLIANT! Most Trek-like mission to date. Felt like the perfect starfleet solution to the problem. The only thing that could have made it better was voice-overs bringing that little extra bit of life to the Boffs actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i never got his option, it only asks me if i want to pay the gold. does this option come up if i say no to that?
I'd like to know how to get the Science option as well. Is it available only if your playing a Sci captain? I've only ever gotten the 'Pay' then 'Confront' options as a Fed Tac.

And as for more Klingon options, I'd say give a choice of four different options: violence, the threat of violence, the thread of horrific Violence ("Threatplomacy", with this option being censored), or the threat of undetermined violence ("I,000 latinum?! HA! [toothy grin]I would as soon pay that to the scum lapping at the fringes of the Empire to kidnap YOU. Do you know what kind of things they would do for 1,000 latinum, hmmm? Things a true Klingon cannot do. Believe me when I tell you, there are worse things than death. Return the Deferi or you will find that out. [/toothy grin]").

Z
Career Officer
# 35 ???
12-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Season 8 seems to have made it a fail for Fed side now; only solution is to pay.
I've ran it with all my toons and the pulse just isn't working now.
Ensign
# 36
12-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4rlot View Post
Season 8 seems to have made it a fail for Fed side now; only solution is to pay.
I've ran it with all my toons and the pulse just isn't working now.
Likewise. Thought I was just doing something wrong, but I don't think I'm doing anything differently. It just doesn't work out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
The only reason Klingons can't save the Deferi without spending 1,000 GPL is because the Science Officer does not think about using the deflector pulse to jam the sensors to transport the Deferi over.

Bugger, I just realised that this is a necro thread.
inb4 lock

Last edited by supergaminggeek; 12-05-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Surprise! It's a necrotised thread from two years ago!