Lt. Commander
# 111
04-06-2011, 08:54 AM
OmegaXIII will try a FAW CE-run on the KDF side Friday 8th 6pm (est). (that is midnight CET)

We do it on KDF side because there are fewer yahoos messing up stuff there.

Not sure how big a team I will be able to raise, because 6pm Friday is usually a bit early for the US members, so anyone who wants to come is welcome!

This is the tips I've posted on O13 forums. If I got something wrong, or if something needs to be added, please let me know.

Quote:
- rule 1: Beam arrays only! No need for blues or purples, but beam arrays only!
- rule 2: no other damage! No GW, Tyken, Warp Plasma, TBR, Torpedos or mines!
- rule 3: Any shiptype! (BoP or sci ship are not the best because of lack of weapons slots, but are still acceptable)
- rule 4: Any profession! Scis for sensorscan, Tac's for tac-buffs, Engis for nice power buffs.
- rule 5: No shield-heals! CE damage goes straight through shields!
- rule 6: Maximum power to weapons! Use emergency power to weapons to push power beyond 125.
- rule 7: TWO COPIES OF FIRE AT WILL ON EVERY SHIP!!!!

Useful tips for ship-setup:
- EPS consoles
- No Damage Resistance Consoles. The fragments deal only physical damage, and no consoles help against this. I advice using your slots for increasing Aux and Engine power! (and at least 1 or 2 EPS consoles for the damage)
- Attack pattern Beta. (APB3 for raptors and BoPs)
- As many hull heals/resists as possible! AuxtoSIF and Hazard Emitters are very good!
(as you may be able to tell, I'm trying to suck in even our casual players, so I'm not very strickt on what must be used, as I don't want to scare off anyone)
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post

Beam : Fire and Win
This made me chuckle.
Lt. Commander
# 113
04-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
OmegaXIII will try a FAW CE-run on the KDF side Friday 8th 6pm (est). (that is midnight CET)

We do it on KDF side because there are fewer yahoos messing up stuff there.

Not sure how big a team I will be able to raise, because 6pm Friday is usually a bit early for the US members, so anyone who wants to come is welcome!

This is the tips I've posted on O13 forums. If I got something wrong, or if something needs to be added, please let me know.

(as you may be able to tell, I'm trying to suck in even our casual players, so I'm not very strickt on what must be used, as I don't want to scare off anyone)
Ill be there.. TacRap..

Some suggested setups:

6-8 Arrays - Disruptor or Antiproton

Aegis or Borg set

Weapon Power Consoles

Borg Console

Energy Type Consoles

Engine Batts

100-25-50-25 Power
-----

Raptor/Guramba/BOP

Tac: XXX - APB 1 - FAW 3 - APB 3
Tac: XXX - XXX - FAW 3

Eng: EP2W1 - EP2W2

Sci: HE1 - TBR1

Cruisers:

Tac: FAW1 - FAW2 (or) FAW1 - Beta1 + FAW1

Eng: EP2E1 - EP2W2 - ET3 - Warpplasma
Eng: EP2E1 - EP2W2 - ET3

Sci - HE1 - TBR1

----

Repulsors are effective in an emergency..
EP2E on the cruisers will help them outrun the shards

Ill be online and able to train FAW3 - APB3 - ET3 - WP3, 30 minutes before, if needed.
Lt. Commander
# 114
04-07-2011, 04:29 AM
so... TBR? No huge risk of popping the large fragments? Or do you just use it with caution?

My Tac-Raptor is set to go! (just need to loose the Field Emitter for a engine power console)

notice:
- 2 borg parts, for hull regen/resist
- 2 Tac Teams, giving about the damage of an extra console
- AtoSIF up almost continous for resist.

Everything from tray 2-2 to 2-9 tied to the IWIN button

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1370/fawtor.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 115
04-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
so... TBR? No huge risk of popping the large fragments? Or do you just use it with caution?

My Tac-Raptor is set to go! (just need to loose the Field Emitter for a engine power console)

notice:

No, TBR is fine in CE, and my example is more based on avoiding flying into shards, instead of resisting them :p

I even think you could blob up 10 ships, and all sit stationary with FAW and Repulsors, and no shard would get within 3-4k range.
Lt. Commander
# 116
04-07-2011, 04:54 AM
I think as a tactical advice when TBR comes into play, sticking together and everyone circling in the same direction is a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 117
04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
What the game needs is a Mine redesign. All mines should lay ONE mine. Crazy right. One mIne = 110-150% of a same type torpedo. Mine patterns lay 2, 3, and 4 with damage types similer to Torpedo HY patterns, also reducing each mines dmg a bit on each tier.
Now some will say "ya but its harder to land a mine..." and their right. Which is why they should all get a stealth value. Not cloak but a stealth value, ala MES. In the shows ships ran over mines they didn't see... not into ones they did. This would reduce spam on two levels. It would also make the sensor scanning sci ship the defacto mine clearer.... kinda trek right.
Cool Downs on mines should be used to balance things like Tricobalts.... and I think Proc chances should be increased on that ONE MINE... 50% for chron why not. (right now with 5 out chron procs are guaranteed thanks to probability so believe it or not 50% proc rates would be a reduction in proc chance)
That's an excellent idea Husanak. Mines have not been quite right since beta, but I think your implementation would give them purpose, balance, and a Trekish feel that they have lacked. Having recently moved from a single-core dinosaur computer in reduced graphics mode to a new hex-core gaming rig In high resution, I can assure you that carpet-mining (or the Solar Wind map) crushes lesser graphics cards. Your solution helps prevent that while still letting people enjoy laying mines.
Lt. Commander
# 118
04-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:

notice:

This is ready to roook!

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=FAWRamba_392