Lt. Commander
# 1 NPC Clipping Issues
04-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Ok I made my first mission on Foundry this weekend and the ground mission is giving me a whopping headache because of the npcs. In Foundry they are fine. My BOs pathfind correctly and all NPC groups do as they are programmed. It's when I publish the mission that issues began to occur.

A group of npcs set to wander will only stand there and as soon as the are fired upon most of the group fazes out and into various nearby walls. BOs will do the same. Tried it solo and with a group and it clipped the groups into the walls everytime.

I tried moving the group and trying to center them in the widest open spaces I could find and I also tried putting them .2 above the floor on the Y axis. Everytime I interact with them they go all over! Everything else in the mission works great! If I could get these groups to stop going all over I would be a happy person so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. How do I get spatial charges to show up so when I plant charges there is something showing like in the Cryptic missions? If I need to use something else I will but I need to know how to make the object appear first.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
What's your project id, please?

Pathfinding and wander don't work at all in preview. They will not work properly until after publishing because all the pathfinding info is created during the publish process.