Lt. Commander
# 1 Map-change dialog disappearing
04-08-2011, 09:38 AM
This is fairly reproducible. If you have an existing combat encounter in a map with multiple required target squads, and you decide to remove units from the objective, you can lose all of the dialog and mission-text in the preceding map-change dialog box.

Basically, if you delete the squad units from the map first (resulting in them becoming "unplaced"), and then try to re-select the squads in the combat objective in the story-pane after deleting the wrong squad from the objective, the whole storyline will "twitch" and result in the dialog being reset back to the defaults.

I got hit by this twice in the same mission because I didn't think to rename the squad units, and the names were long enough that I couldn't see the whole name to choose which to delete from the objective. So I thought I'd just re-select the squads and make sure they were all correct... and then noticed my map-transition text was all gone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2011, 03:06 PM
If you are removing the npc group from the objective, you are getting rid of the need for a map transition. So it seems likely that it's deleting the widget, then re-creating it.

I'll add it to my list to investigate, but it sounds to me like it's probably working as intended.