Lt. Commander
# 1 Interiors with Exterior Views?
04-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Question for all your Foundry pros....

I'm sure this is really easy but complicated to set up, or complicated but easy to set up if you know what you're doing.

Can anyone link me (or explain) how I can create an interior with an exterior view (example: space station with a viewport looking out into space or a nebula). Using building blocks and windows on ground maps is easy. How do you create a view of space from a space station?

Thanks SO much for the help, direction or tip.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
For now, it seems you have to pick an interior map that already has windows. Often, you'll have to switch the background to interior - stars 01 to make sure you can see stars outside. Here are maps I know have windows:

Trimble interior
Sierra Outpost II
Saratoga interior (has ship debris outside)
Rapier interior (has a sort of purple tinge to the windows)

Also, any maps of Starbase 39, DS9, or ESD should have windows. Play 'Rise of Darkness', the author uses starbase windows in some pretty amazing ways.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
Also, any maps of Starbase 39, DS9, or ESD should have windows. Play 'Rise of Darkness', the author uses starbase windows in some pretty amazing ways.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I'm familiar with 'Rise of Darkness' and heard all the buzz. Though I haven't played it, that's the one that gave me the notion that it was possible. What was done with that mission was undeniably awesome.

Thanks again.

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I came up with a couple 'cheats' that might work. I'll post up here if they actually do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRigg
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I'm familiar with 'Rise of Darkness' and heard all the buzz. Though I haven't played it, that's the one that gave me the notion that it was possible. What was done with that mission was undeniably awesome.

Thanks again.

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I came up with a couple 'cheats' that might work. I'll post up here if they actually do.
I played that one tonight. It looks to me like what he did was this: Build his entire interior and scene using building blocks and objects, and do it at an extremely high altitude over a ground terrain. High enough that it's not possible to look down and see the ground. And then just pick a starry night sky to make it look like space.