Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
It should be mentioned that people have to actually review as a REVIEWER. Reviewers are voluntary but have access to all of the content that is published but not yet moved to Holodeck.

From what I can see so far is that the ratio of Foundry Missions to those missions that are in need of review is prettty high right now. What that means is that missions published and waiting for final release may or may not get done for some time.

Further, it is a somewhat random process. I just started reviewing myself and there are a lot of man-hours of content to review. Some of it is pretty easy as there are some "griefing" missions showing up which makes it pretty much an in and out.

If you are waiting for a Foundry mission to make it to Holodeck and you are not a reviewer, I suggest you sign up. You do this from the Community Content screen. It is not a life long commitment as you can opt out at any time.
Has anyone had their "Review Content" tab disappear? I signed up to be a reviewer and reviewed a view foundry episodes, but now when I log in, I don't have the "Review Content" tab on my "Available" screen. I can't even see missions that I've published.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I filed a case, but I haven't gotten any response.

I don't think I did anything that would get me banned or anything! =P

Please help this Trekkie get his fix!! =P
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
Has anyone had their "Review Content" tab disappear? I signed up to be a reviewer and reviewed a view foundry episodes, but now when I log in, I don't have the "Review Content" tab on my "Available" screen. I can't even see missions that I've published.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I filed a case, but I haven't gotten any response.

Not sure if this is what happened to you but I had to re-register myself as a reviewer as my review mission tab disappeared as well (after the patch yesterday or day before).
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphoner
Not sure if this is what happened to you but I had to re-register myself as a reviewer as my review mission tab disappeared as well (after the patch yesterday or day before).
Wow! I feel like an idiot! =P

Thanks, Gryphoner!! Now I can start reviewing again! =)
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post

You can de-register yourself by hitting that button in the content review window. You may have hit it without realising it. Just re-register and see what happens. Then find that button and don't hit...unless you want to.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
OK, here's another question. If you re-publish a mission with revisions, I understand it goes back into the review queue. Does it still need 5 additional ratings or is it a different number?

I haven't published revisions since my missions got past their initial 5 ratings. I'm hesitant to put them back into review-hell just to fix some typos.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
OK, here's another question. If you re-publish a mission with revisions, I understand it goes back into the review queue. Does it still need 5 additional ratings or is it a different number?

I haven't published revisions since my missions got past their initial 5 ratings. I'm hesitant to put them back into review-hell just to fix some typos.
I asked the guys live @ starbase ugc about this. Their consensus seems to be that it really doesn't. And while I don't have hard facts on it, I didn't see mine hit the reviewers tab again after my revisions (and I've done ~2-3 each). In other words after I republished I went in and searched for them in the authored tab and they still showed up there.

Not sure if this is intended. You may want to pose the same question in a separate thread or in the feedback/support areas to see if a dev can give a more definitive answer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphoner
I asked the guys live @ starbase ugc about this. Their consensus seems to be that it really doesn't. And while I don't have hard facts on it, I didn't see mine hit the reviewers tab again after my revisions (and I've done ~2-3 each). In other words after I republished I went in and searched for them in the authored tab and they still showed up there.

Not sure if this is intended. You may want to pose the same question in a separate thread or in the feedback/support areas to see if a dev can give a more definitive answer.
Yeah, I might have to do that.

I'll probably also experiment with my first mission (since it's the less-played, less-interesting one anyway) and see what happens.

If it doesn't go back into the review-queue, I think that's actually a pretty good design decision, since it won't discourage corrections or put a larger burden on the reviewers than there already is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I might have to do that.

I'll probably also experiment with my first mission (since it's the less-played, less-interesting one anyway) and see what happens.

If it doesn't go back into the review-queue, I think that's actually a pretty good design decision, since it won't discourage corrections or put a larger burden on the reviewers than there already is.
I tested this with one of my missions. It remained available in the public tab and was not in the review tab. Awesome. I'll publish my fixes in the other one too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Still waiting for even one review. There definitely needs to be better search functionality for missions.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Well, here's a little more data. My mission that is now 5 days old is still stuck at one rating. The one that's 2 days old pushed past the magic five today.
Another thing is i see one of your is like mine and of a higher level and with the way its set up there are a lot less higher lvl people to even play the missions still so take a lot longer to get someone to give it a try its a shame really.

I figure by the time i get the 5 mission set done the first one might have gotten a review lol, and by that time i will no longer be happy with it and have to scrap it.