Lt. Commander
# 1 Why are there no solid walls?
04-08-2011, 03:06 PM
It's something that really annoys me generally and keeps me from doing new missions. I have done exactly one mission on Holodeck, you might know it as "Hellraider", the Fekihrisode, the STF for Fekihri hunters and team players who like epic final space battles with Dreadnoughts orbiting a huge planet and such ...

Anyway, space is fun. Ground ... specially interiors ... that's the problem. On a planet, it's not such a big deal with those non-solid walls (except you're in a camp with lots of buildings). In almost every single Foundry mission I've played, I was able to shoot through walls and kill enemies behind them. Yes, it also happens in my own mission and I must admit ... I am too lazy to create hundreds of small and large invisible walls to prevent players from shooting through them. My work around was to have the enemies beam in right when the player is in close range and in direct line of sight. I don't place them in advance and have them wander around, even though I'd prefer that variant greatly.

So, why can't all those interior sets have solid walls? Why do we have to invest such a great deal of time pasting in several dozens if not hundreds of invisible walls? I bet only 1% of all authors will do that. The rest will just let it be.

~ Eris The Vorta
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
It's something that really annoys me generally and keeps me from doing new missions. I have done exactly one mission on Holodeck, you might know it as "Hellraider", the Fekihrisode, the STF for Fekihri hunters and team players who like epic final space battles with Dreadnoughts orbiting a huge planet and such ...

Anyway, space is fun. Ground ... specially interiors ... that's the problem. On a planet, it's not such a big deal with those non-solid walls (except you're in a camp with lots of buildings). In almost every single Foundry mission I've played, I was able to shoot through walls and kill enemies behind them. Yes, it also happens in my own mission and I must admit ... I am too lazy to create hundreds of small and large invisible walls to prevent players from shooting through them. My work around was to have the enemies beam in right when the player is in close range and in direct line of sight. I don't place them in advance and have them wander around, even though I'd prefer that variant greatly.

So, why can't all those interior sets have solid walls? Why do we have to invest such a great deal of time pasting in several dozens if not hundreds of invisible walls? I bet only 1% of all authors will do that. The rest will just let it be.

~ Eris The Vorta
i agree its something that needs to be addressed soon but I am willing to give the devs time to fix it in the hope it will be fixed in the next patch
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Yes, of course I also give them time, but I'm not sure if they even KNOW about this issue. It might even be a serious basic bug, but I don't know if they wanted the maps to be like this, so the players have the freedom of creating their own walls.

*shrugs*