Lt. Commander
I am working on my 2nd Klingon Storyline and ran into what I believe is a limitation of the Foundry.

If I am mistaken and there is a way aroudn this I would greatly appreciate any assistance to get this too work.

Synopsis of the plot is you are sent to the Border of Gorn Space as multiple ships have gone missing of late. Fro a plot spoiler, you find rebel Gorn are being armed by the Federation and other 'Enemies of the Klingon Empire'. So far i got the dialogue and got up the the mission editor portion for placing the battle wit the Rebel Gorn.

I placed the "Rebel Gorn" and unfortuantely I cannto set them to be hostile and as an "Enemy".

Are we restricted from creating rogue elements of your normal faction? In other wrods, I want my Klingon Characters to blow up some Rebel Gorn Scum!

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Drop in an enemy faction that would be hostile, for example a Federation group. Then click the individual actor in the group and you can select a specific costume, in your case a Gorn. Set the blank field to say something like "Rebel Gorn" and you should be all set.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Could this be done for the Federation side?

I've been wanting to create a mission where myself as a Fed Captain has to actually fight Starfleet Officers and Starships (not Terran Empire). The RP reason being they become infected with the old parasites from TNG (exploding head ring a bell?)

Also, to be honest, I want to test to see if Feds can gain the space and ground accolades that might happen from this, so re-skinning doesn't just give some other accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2011, 12:33 AM
I had to play dress up as it's suggested above with the Gorn Days mission of mine.

But I agree that we should be able to just select whether a group is friend or foe without needing the work around, especially since most of us would like the Gorn to act like the Gorn and so forth.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Yes, you have to disguise all of the individual "actors" in an enemy squad.

In my mission "Of Minds and Men", I have hostile starfleet characters (and it's a starfleet mission). What I did was place Mirror Universe federation squads, which are always hostile. Then I costumed each "actor" within the squads with normal starfleet appearances.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBones View Post
Yes, you have to disguise all of the individual "actors" in an enemy squad.

In my mission "Of Minds and Men", I have hostile starfleet characters (and it's a starfleet mission). What I did was place Mirror Universe federation squads, which are always hostile. Then I costumed each "actor" within the squads with normal starfleet appearances.
I was going to say Fed actually has it easiest because the mirror Fed just needs a costume change and they're basically Feds. With others, you just have to grin and bear it: for example, in a ship battle I had to skin a Fed ship with a Romulan warbird costume to have it fight alongside the player. It works, just don't look too closely that warbird is firing phasers

Be careful though about picking the right enemy group... I skinned a group of Klingons as Romulans so I can have a Romulan vs. Romulan scene and when they fought the first Romulan group took out their Bat'leths and went to town
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I played someone's mission recently where I think one of the factions was a re-skinned animal (or gorn) since they kept doing a sort of head-butt or chomp. It was amusing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Let me try this - and thanks for the ideas!

Though if Crytpic is reading this, wish they would allow for cross faction assignments.

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Worked - Expect I set them as Romulans since I wants the Plasma and Disruptors.

Blak