Lt. Commander
# 891
04-10-2011, 06:11 AM
@the_illustrious_q: I know. It was just an explanation.

@Blackavaar: Will there be any skirted variants of the Bajoran uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 892
04-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
And here they are. As usual I did all I could with the color selections we have available. Also, while doing the Bajoran guides I remembered someone asking about Vulcan uniforms and I realized that these could be used to do a pretty good mock-up of the ones which also appeared in DS9, so I added those as well. Hope you all like them.

Bajoran Uniforms
Note: I left out the Medical yellow and brown variant, since it only appeared in the first season and was likely replaced because it could be too easily mistaken for the Security uniform. That's the problem I ran into during my lighting tests.

Command
Operations 1
Operations 2
Security
Medical
Technician

Vulcan Uniforms (Mock-up)

Command
Sciences
Medical
Operations

Enjoy!

Great work with those matey! Superb job!

I hope at some point the devs make more additions to the Bajoran options such as Kira's Seasons 4 to 6 and Season 7 uniforms, the undershirt, and the dress uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 893
04-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Well, Kira's jumpsuit can be recreated as a mock-up by using parts of T'Pol's uniform.
The dress uniform can be recreated by using the standard uniform with different colors.
The mirror universe top can be used as a substitute undershirt for female bajorans.
Lt. Commander
# 894
04-11-2011, 05:59 AM
So I never noticed it before, but there is a bug with male Bajoran's earring and scars/tattoos. The chain and scar/tattoo will use the same color. So if you go to the scar/tattoo and change it to red, the chain's color will also change to that red, and if you go to the earring and change it to silver, the scar/tattoo's color will also change to that silver.

It happens regardless of which tattoo, scar or earring you choose and only happens on male Bajorans.
Lt. Commander
# 895
04-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
So I never noticed it before, but there is a bug with male Bajoran's earring and scars/tattoos. The chain and scar/tattoo will use the same color. So if you go to the scar/tattoo and change it to red, the chain's color will also change to that red, and if you go to the earring and change it to silver, the scar/tattoo's color will also change to that silver.

It happens regardless of which tattoo, scar or earring you choose and only happens on male Bajorans.
Color linking in the tailor is a persistent problem. Several of my BOs have glove and pant colors linked. It's SUPER annoying, and I've filed multiple bug tickets.
Lt. Commander
# 896
04-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Thank you all for your questions and comments. I'm glad you all appreciate the work I put into this guide.

The Vulcan guides are based on the uniforms that appear in DS9 but are naturally going to be different because they are just mock-ups. In addition to the Captain in blue (actually more of a blue-violet in the show) found on Memory Alpha, the uniforms are also based on various Vulcan extras seen wearing similar uniforms in Quark's in various episodes. While I am just guessing on the designations (except for the Captain, of course) I believe the colors are pretty accurate.

Yes, I am considering doing mock-ups of Kira's Jumpsuit and the Dress uniforms. I am also considering doing a Federation line-up based on supposition that since the Bajorans are now full Federation members they might have adapted their uniforms to Federation standard colors and designations.

No, I have not considered Skirt variants, since none are ever seen in the series. I may consider adding some theoretical Skirt mock-ups at some point.

The color locking problem is often troublesome and I report each occurrence of it I see. They tend to get them worked out pretty fast in most cases. Some continue to persist though.

Thanks again all and keep watching!

Lt. Commander
# 897
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
One little thing:
I believe that using the TOS nurse split skirt instead of the normal TOS split skirt works better with the TOS captains tunic.
Lt. Commander
# 898
04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey man. I'm looking for Odo's variant of the Bajoran uniform. Could that be possible?
Lt. Commander
# 899
04-12-2011, 03:30 AM
It already exists, but if you want the collarless version then it is not possible.
Lt. Commander
# 900
04-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thank you all for your questions and comments. I'm glad you all appreciate the work I put into this guide.

The Vulcan guides are based on the uniforms that appear in DS9 but are naturally going to be different because they are just mock-ups. In addition to the Captain in blue (actually more of a blue-violet in the show) found on Memory Alpha, the uniforms are also based on various Vulcan extras seen wearing similar uniforms in Quark's in various episodes. While I am just guessing on the designations (except for the Captain, of course) I believe the colors are pretty accurate.

Yes, I am considering doing mock-ups of Kira's Jumpsuit and the Dress uniforms. I am also considering doing a Federation line-up based on supposition that since the Bajorans are now full Federation members they might have adapted their uniforms to Federation standard colors and designations.

No, I have not considered Skirt variants, since none are ever seen in the series. I may consider adding some theoretical Skirt mock-ups at some point.

The color locking problem is often troublesome and I report each occurrence of it I see. They tend to get them worked out pretty fast in most cases. Some continue to persist though.

Thanks again all and keep watching!

Thank YOU.