Lt. Commander
# 1 Delta Dailies?
04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Okay, for the moment, I have two thoughts.

1) REALLY BORING... Going out to scan anomalies is super-boring, repetitive and doesn't honestly teach you much (debatably, you get good at the mini-game of matching waveforms *shrug*). Pretty much this amounts to "leave ESD, turn right, go to Delta Volanis, fly around for half an hour or find a 'more efficient method' (see Q2, below)."

So, can we maybe spruce up the Delta Dailies a little? Maybe make them more specific? "Scan anomalies in Khazan Cluster," etc?

Also, can we have other mission types? Maybe something specialty, like fighting several waves of low-end fighters? Fighting ANYthing in a shuttle is rather challenging at the best of times.

If we're gathering info on shuttles and learning to use shuttles to craft the Delta Flyers, why not have a variety of missions?

That said, and with fighting in a shuttle being a pain, DSEs would be problematical. You'd get wiped out pretty quickly in an extended fight with a couple big ships. So, perhaps we could make a different class of DSEs that are shuttle specific? Perhaps more fighter-oriented, or a PVP shuttlecraft-style DSE? So, rather than DSEs dropping you into a fleet of NPCs, it instead drops you into battle with a bunch of other shuttle-craft pilot players. Perhaps there could be free-for alls, or Fed vs. KDF PvPs or shuttles vs. fleets low-end "fighters" PVPs, etc.

I think it would be pretty cool if there were shuttle-specific DSEs and missions. I'd certainly hate to get dropped into a regular DSE with a shuttle...

2) Is it cheating...? To complete the delta daily by going to Delta Volanis, entering a system with a space mission and anomalies by the spawn point, scanning them, hopping out, hopping back in with the "continue mission" button, scanning anomalies, hopping out, rinsing, repeating until the daily is done (usually 4 iterations with a level having 3 anomalies near the "door")? Or is it just "being resourceful"? It's let me complete things pretty quickly each day...

Anyway, just wondering folks' thoughts, generally?

Should anomalies only be collectible only once when "playing"/"continuing" the same instance of a mission? That is to say, should anomalies be un-farmable? You'd have to complete the mission and restart the entire thing before the anomalies respawn? I know that would probably take a little more recoding on how missions are "continued" and what "persists" from one session to the next if you don't finish it... Not that I want to make things uber-restrictive. I can just see a certain abusiveness possible with the way things are currently set up. Hopping out and back into missions just to farm data samples... Especially on the higher-end missions with higher-end data samples. Now, not all missions have data samples right by the door, so maybe it's not COMPLETELY abusive as you'd maybe have to go looking for just the right one... But, once you find one...?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2011, 02:56 AM
You're kidding right? Another complaint about the delta daily mission? This ship is available to players at Lt level. Says so in the C-store description. !0 days to get the anomalies you need to get the crafting level needed and all the anomalies needed for the Flyer. This ship is the easiest one to obtain in game and it's ridiculous how many complaints are posted.

Farming anomalies is easy. Go in, ignore mission by minimizing the window that pops up, scan for the anomalies (2-4 per system unless you get the scan 5 anomalies mission), and in about 15-20 minutes you're done. Repeat the next day until all ten are done and you have the Flyer schematic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
You're kidding right? Another complaint about the delta daily mission? This ship is available to players at Lt level. Says so in the C-store description. !0 days to get the anomalies you need to get the crafting level needed and all the anomalies needed for the Flyer. This ship is the easiest one to obtain in game and it's ridiculous how many complaints are posted.

Farming anomalies is easy. Go in, ignore mission by minimizing the window that pops up, scan for the anomalies (2-4 per system unless you get the scan 5 anomalies mission), and in about 15-20 minutes you're done. Repeat the next day until all ten are done and you have the Flyer schematic.
Plus you can get the "gather 5 data" mission, making it really fast.
The only Missions I do are "aid the planet" or "scan the blown-up ships"....samples and diplomatic XP is nice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Well, if it is that painful, just buy it from the C-Store. You do have another option.

I'm working on 500 Emblems to get a MVAM. That gets long and repetitive as well, but I don't complain about it on the boards because if really wanted to, I could just go buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:

It's easy and apparantly very boring. Why not try to make "grinding" missions less boring by sprinkling them with more variational elements?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:

So, you're saying I'm not the only one who finds them tedious and boring? M'kay... Case in point.

Again, you say farming is easy. And... Didn't I just give exactly that description of farming? My question was, do you think farming like that is "cheating" or just "being resourceful" with a quirk of the game? I'm leaning toward cheating. But on the other hand, having to do it the long way would be a far more tedious slog.

You say the ship is available to Lt. level or higher. Just with energy credits / merits? If so, where can I go to just straight up purchase one with energy credits or SF merits without doing the Delta Daily missions and without spending real cash in the C-Store? If there's a place that straight up sells them at a shipyard outright, let me know, I'll just BUY a few and skip the dailies. If you meant they're available to peopel willing to pay real $$'s for them because they're impatient, that's not quite the same thing as just "being available" to Lt or higher. Most shipyards I've been to only sell the runabouts or the boxy shuttles, not Delta class. Maybe I'm missing something or have just been going to the wrong shipyards?

And again, my point was simply that ONLY collecting anomalies every day is REALLY BORING (we already do that with the explore the nebula missions) and I'd like to see some other mission types to spruce things up. I've finished my delta daily now via farming and I'm guessing most people are doing it that way, else finding it quite tedious too...?

P.S. If you / they don't want feedback, they shouldn't call this the "feedback" forum. Anyway, that was my feedback. Scanning anomalies ONLY, is boring. Spice it up!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoka
Well, if it is that painful, just buy it from the C-Store. You do have another option.

I'm working on 500 Emblems to get a MVAM. That gets long and repetitive as well, but I don't complain about it on the boards because if really wanted to, I could just go buy it.
M'yeah, not big on the C-store. Don't have tons of money to spend on in-game fluff. If there's a way to earn it in-game, I'd rather do it that way. All I'm saying is that a little variety is the spice of life. If the object, according to Wildman, is to learn more about shuttles, etc. etc., scanning anomalies is a pretty poor way to do it. Shouldn't one also be learning to pilot a shuttle in combat for things like The Vault, which one assumes one can then play later and maybe do better at it?

Plus, I just think it would be kind of a nifty change of pace to have some shuttle-specific DSEs & PvPs (I mean, if they're going to be making shuttles more prominent in a few missions and whatnot, why not?). Really give the shuttles a work-out, figure out some maybe different strategies, etc.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It's easy and apparantly very boring. Why not try to make "grinding" missions less boring by sprinkling them with more variational elements?
Yeah, that was my main point. Variety is the spice of life. Repeating the exact same mission 10 times is just... M'yeah... Boring. Especially when it's something we've already done a hundred times before to get data for crafting. Give us something a little new. Maybe shuttle craft races? Soup up your machine and compete against others for fun and profit (throw in legal use of 'target engine subsystems' or general fighting amongst players along the way to the finish line)? I dunno. Something we haven't seen before. Could be amusing. Probably a terrible example... Who knows? Still. People get bored doing the same old rote stuff they've done before.

One of the reasons I loved the "What Lies Beneath" mission. So different from most other missions (Scan 5 XYZ, defeat 5 squads, defeat 5 squadrons, collect 5 anomalies, etc.; the stuff we've all seen and done a hundred times), if only because of the atmospheric quality and the general creepiness... I wish there were more missions like that, which were really unique and interesting... Though, honestly, I wish it let us keep the "emergency flashlight" as a bonus after the mission and I wish the beam of light was just A LITTLE wider. As it is, the flashlight was a pretty useless speck on the floor, for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2011, 04:44 PM
The Flyer is only available in game by crafting it and by buying it from the C-store. Spending ten days to get all the crap needed for it is not hard. You can finish the daily in 15-20 minutes. If you are a Lt. 6 you can get the FSE mission "The Vault" which gives you a free shuttle so you can do the daily.

If later craft-able ships are added in then they can spice up the daily for those ships. The Flyer daily is just fine as is.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
The Flyer is only available in game by crafting it and by buying it from the C-store. Spending ten days to get all the crap needed for it is not hard. You can finish the daily in 15-20 minutes.
And actually, you don't have to wait 10 days. Schematics are sold on the exchange, so you can buy it for EC.