Lt. Commander
# 1 Could use some Foundry Tips
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, running into some tricky stuff with my first real storyline mission and hoping some experts could give me a hand.

1) Doors at Drozana:

Could someone please tell me how to select the doors at Drozana station for the start of a Foundry mission? So far the only interactive things on the map I can select are bottles and crates, but not the doors.

2) In-map Transitions:

On one of my maps, I'm using a turbolift to transtion between two points on a ground map and I'm stumped in how to pull it off.

3) Night of the Comet:

I doubt this one is possible with the Foundry, but I would like to use the same trick from the Night of the Comet / Devidian mission, where you disguise the player's ship as a D-7. This would really add to the time period my storyline mission is to take place (no it isn't time travel).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I've not used Drozana station, but I think it's selectable as a system to enter, isn't it?

#3 isn't possible, but #2 could be done. Put an invisible object in the turbo lift, and disguise it as "Use Turbolift." Make the next objective happen on a different map. Once the mission objective of interacting with invis object is done, the player will be taken to the next spawn point.

These might help you:

How to select a system as a door rather than selecting a plant: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...ideo-tutorial/

More on Map Transitions:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...ansitions-101/
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I've not used Drozana station, but I think it's selectable as a system to enter, isn't it?
First off, appricate your help.

Yes, the mission starts off at Drozana and I have it you talk the Ferengi Odlumi. But what I intended was for the player to go to a door and click on it to move to the next part, but the doors arent' selectable in the list, only Crates and small objects like Bottles and Phasers.

Some people managed to pull it off, like Orion Slave girl mission that Cryptic imported before the Foundry went Live.

Quote:
#3 isn't possible, but #2 could be done. Put an invisible object in the turbo lift, and disguise it as "Use Turbolift." Make the next objective happen on a different map. Once the mission objective of interacting with invis object is done, the player will be taken to the next spawn point.
Haha I thought 3 was impossible, but I had a workaround with that.

With #2, you are saying doing something like your Holodeck / Corridor Tutorial with duplicating the map and using a normal transition?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
First off, appricate your help.

Yes, the mission starts off at Drozana and I have it you talk the Ferengi Odlumi. But what I intended was for the player to go to a door and click on it to move to the next part, but the doors arent' selectable in the list, only Crates and small objects like Bottles and Phasers.

Some people managed to pull it off, like Orion Slave girl mission that Cryptic imported before the Foundry went Live.

Haha I thought 3 was impossible, but I had a workaround with that.

With #2, you are saying doing something like your Holodeck / Corridor Tutorial with duplicating the map and using a normal transition?
Oh I see. I misunderstood you. Yeah, that sounds frustrating. If you can't put objects on the map, then I'm not sure what else you could do. But, I never mess with using Cryptic's doors and contacts, because I always use custom maps at system doors. It seems like your best option is to use the Ferengi to send the player to a different part of Drazona that you pass off as Drozana (like a generic interior.) From there you could interact with doors.

I'm scratching my head here. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Oh I see. I misunderstood you. Yeah, that sounds frustrating. If you can't put objects on the map, then I'm not sure what else you could do. But, I never mess with using Cryptic's doors and contacts, because I always use custom maps at system doors. It seems like your best option is to use the Ferengi to send the player to a different part of Drazona that you pass off as Drozana (like a generic interior.) From there you could interact with doors.

I'm scratching my head here. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.
LOL, seems my missions is turning out to be quite the challenge.

• With Drozana, a simple door clicky
  • Having the Holodeck work with Interiors (Seems Mapolis's Holodeck only works on Open Ground Maps).
  • Some Holographic Fun for those who want for Time-period missions.
  • And simple same-map location warping (like we have with Player Ship Interiors).

With 3 of those, would save a bit of creative loading times. :p

EDIT: Just stumbled the Door for Drozana.

Instead of finding an Interactable Object on Drozana, you have click on "Choose Location" from the Map Transition Story Dialogue and you will find "Cargo Door" among the other interactable objects.

This Cargo Door is the door behind the Dabo Table.

Cryptic, if you read this. Please make the other doors available as well on this map and on other hubs.