Lt. Commander
# 71
04-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinubabear View Post
Welcome back Craig! You make a MFT (Mighty Fine Tribble)

I hope with you back we can finally get our Horta captains!

Wait! What?? I don't want STO donating any money towards that. There will always be Hunger, Homelessness and Social Injustice. Any money STO donated to that would not make a noticable difference there, but you would notice the difference the lack of those funds here would make.

I think the position is like a liason between STO and Cryptic's purse strings. Craig should do well there as long as he pays attention to the real issues, such as STO content and lets real charities worry about world hunger.
No one was recommending that. The post was trying to get the nerdragers to put a little perspective on their rudeness and possible lack of priorities. IE - They can't even be polite in a "welcome back" forum thread without letting their nerdrage get in the way.
Lt. Commander
# 72 Wow, Just Amazing
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage_Wolf
And the people you called a "jerk" will claim they arent being one either, and are just 'expressing their concern about a product they are paying for'. The thing is, your "excuse" is no more valid than theirs because everyone thinks what they are doing is right. So either you and them are both being jerks, or neither of you are. Your choice.
Here's what's happening:

"We don't need a COO, we need content & we need it NOW!!!"

Here's what probably should have happened:

"Congrats on your new position, Mr. COO. I sincerly hope you'll be doing EVERYTHING possible to improve this game, which desires much right now."

If you don't work for Cryptic, then you have no idea what Cryptic needs. A COO is a good idea in the grand scheme of things (looking at it from a company standpoint). You fix the company, you start fixing its products. This thread was to announce Cryptic's new COO, not for players to jump in "screaming" what Cryptic needs & doesn't need. I'm certain there are dozens of other threads for that purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is being closed due to a high volume of content that violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread