Lt. Commander
# 41
04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I am dead serious when I say faw is fine and has counters.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
I was being sarcastic to their comments about how it goes through shields and tjere is no counter.
I've seen ships killed from FAW+DEM IIII bleedthrough alone,however.....none of those ships were mine. And to the question if I tried any of the counters Roach mentioned,the answer was no.Never said they didn't or might not work.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Scramble Sensors doesn't do damage, and any SANE PvPer would stop firing when under SS and go for a Sci Team 1. SS3 is the only one that has some potential, so you need 5 sci ships, which in turn deliver little to moderate DPS, and you need HIGH DPS to take down a cruiser.

You probably forgot the part of PvP where you need to DESTROY something in order to win, not just scramble it...

Any counter to FaW requires multiple non-obvious skills and a complex team strategy. To what end? Since FaW-boats need no brains at all, who's gonna invest time, money and nerves just to "suppress" them, let alone destroy them?
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
When I first saw the title I thought is was going to be a list of people who are allowed to pvp. I know, never do I add anything useful in my posts :/ .
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Boooo!

Everything on that list should be red!
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Boooo!

Except BoPs and Assault Cruisers.. because then how would you have fun, right?
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miogaruna View Post
Boooo!

Everything on the naughty list until proven to be acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-13-2011, 04:46 AM
i'm missing "opponent fires his weapons" in your list...
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
i'm missing "opponent fires his weapons" in your list...
Only things that a player can control are on the list. Obviously you cannot control what other players do. Therefore your suggestion cannot be put on the list.

But maybe "brain" could be put there. We all know that brains are op. I think all abilities should be allowed, including brains - but maybe some players disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Only things that a player can control are on the list. Obviously you cannot control what other players do. Therefore your suggestion cannot be put on the list.

But maybe "brain" could be put there. We all know that brains are op. I think all abilities should be allowed, including brains - but maybe some players disagree.
to include brain could be a solution. ...
but reading about (so called) pvp groups or fleets leaving a match, due to some skills used by the opponents and remembering the nowadays usual "small talk" in organized pvp chat, is imo disappointing.

furthermore i would suggest, we should first define the expression "pvp-player" (yeah, i am not seeking for new friends ;..; ).

are we talking about people who are heading to pvp (kerrat / cnh / arena) and want an easy match by forming a premade and using teamspeak,
or about people, seeking for a challenge, even if it means, that they have to fight against skills, which are (too) strong (maybe even not working as intended) and who can accept, that they will be beaten, until they have a solution for the problem, or, when it is a bug, which can not be bear down by ingame solutions, until it will be fixed.

even though an all faw cruiser team (for example) deals a lot of damage, they are not invulnerable. it is possible to defeat them. sure it is a task, which needs some certain time and it is possible, that the premade will be beaten.
but at least, it would be a much better match, than the usual boring premade v. pug 15:0 matches and the "GG" in zone chat wouldn't be a farce.

i am certain this would help to relate the attitude of some people, when they are talking about "broken & overpowered skills"