Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrob View Post
The Command Tunic from the new TOS pack has the Captain rank on the shoulders and it can't be removed. I don't think they understood that it's his Captain's rank. If you pair this with a different rank on your sleeves, you now have two different ranks showing!
True enough, very good catch:

The shoulder rank clearly has the two solid braids and the single broken braid segment indicating captain. This means it would be simple to replicate the other ranks onto the shoulders. (Though it might not look so nice, depending on the rank.)

However, the ranks on the wrap tunic are displayed either on the shoulders or the cuffs, not both.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I guess this fits here, as others have pointed out in other threads it would be nice to have the female version of the TOS dress uniform as worn by Aareel Shaw in Court Martial (pic1) (pic2). It uses pieces that are similar to other outfits, so it shouldn't be too much work to implement. Note that the "flower" she is wearing is the insignia for the starbase and would simply be replaced by whatever existing insignia a player would want.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrob View Post
I guess this fits here, as others have pointed out in other threads it would be nice to have the female version of the TOS dress uniform as worn by Aareel Shaw in Court Martial (pic1) (pic2). It uses pieces that are similar to other outfits, so it shouldn't be too much work to implement. Note that the "flower" she is wearing is the insignia for the starbase and would simply be replaced by whatever existing insignia a player would want.
Thank you Updated the first post.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
  • The current male jumpers seem to be utilising the pattern from the JJTrek uniforms. The TOS uniforms had no seams on them anywhere save the collar, as if they were woven as one piece in the final shape.
This is incorrect. I think you need to watch more of the episodes and not rely on still images where the details cannot be seen clearly. The TOS uniforms clearly had seems on them right where they are on the in-game models. The seems also folded inward, as they do in-game, not outward as they do in JJTrek. The only difference with the in-game models is that the seems stand out a little more than they did in the series most of the time.

Watch Season One, you'll see.

More bugs for you to post. Some of these may have been mentioned already.

Bajoran Militia Uniform Issues:

1. General Epaulets (and pips) are not color-able and are gold by default. Really, if they are not going to be color-able then they should at least be the right color, Silver. The best idea would be to make them color-able, like every other rank pip in the game.

2. The decorative cut-out on the Belt is wrong. It should be three slits in a diagonal pattern, not vertical.

3. The Male version of both uniform tops is wrong. At the point where the shoulder color goes under the arms it should dip slightly in the same way as the Female versions of the uniforms.

4. There is no Medical variant of the uniform. Kira's jumpsuit variants we can wait on, but leaving out the Medical variant is just short sighted.

-------------------------------------------

Persistent Costume Bugs:

1. The TNG uniform still folds badly when using the Thoughtful stance.

2. The Orion Harnesses cannot be used with the Bare Chest options for Orion Males. See these guides: Orion Male 1 and Orion Male 2. These are based on Orion outfits as seen in Enterprise and are nearly identical to the ones you can currently see in-game in the Stranded in Space mission. Also, using them with any kind of Armor causes very bad clipping and total obscuration of some parts of the Harnesses.

3. The General pips on the Enterprise uniform should appear on Both Sides. There must be something you can do to assure that a badge will not appear in the same place.

4. Pattern Bug on the Wraparound Robe

5. Still missing proper Belt, Pants, Boots and Baldric (Worn over left shoulder, not right) for TOS Klingon uniforms. Also still missing the Female variant.

6. WoK uniform is in desperate need of a revamp, especially the Belt. The current buckle looks flimsy and cheap. It should look more substantial, like this. Also, Rank pins should be adjustable and a full variety of the uniforms from WoK through UC could justify another pack to sell on the C-Store.

Lt. Commander
# 25
04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]This is incorrect. I think you need to watch more of the episodes and not rely on still images where the details cannot be seen clearly. The TOS uniforms clearly had seems on them right where they are on the in-game models. The seems also folded inward, as they do in-game, not outward as they do in JJTrek. The only difference with the in-game models is that the seems stand out a little more than they did in the series most of the time.

Watch Season One, you'll see.
I'm going off of reports, just like this one.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
I have to ammend the Commbadge appearance issue. It only happens on the female toons that range from endowed to "HOLY ****!" :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-15-2011, 08:29 AM
I dont know if it has been spotted here already. The tuxedo from the 19th or 20th century pack from the c-store for men, does clip when you turn left or right.

For testing purposes turn the jacket black and all thats underneath white.

I dont know from which stance this was, but probably normal or relaxed.

And the body itself was nothing rediculous. Quite standard.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Rank Pips
04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Can we get the more acurarte rank pips as seen in the TNG. I attached an example, the Rerar admiral square thing is horrible. Also we need a realistic gold and silver colors.

Thanks Cryptic

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/unifor...2394/ranks.htm
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas801
I dont know if it has been spotted here already. The tuxedo from the 19th or 20th century pack from the c-store for men, does clip when you turn left or right.

For testing purposes turn the jacket black and all thats underneath white.

I dont know from which stance this was, but probably normal or relaxed.

And the body itself was nothing rediculous. Quite standard.
Anything with multiple layers tends to clip quite badly. Stance and body shape and movement (especially movement) will exacerbate this. An example is wearing the veteran jacket over something as simple and slim as tight trousers like the 7 of 9 leotard. Combining those two on a slim female avatar in the "seductive" stance will have her hips and glutes poking out through the base of the jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bos142 View Post
Can we get the more acurarte rank pips as seen in the TNG. I attached an example, the Rerar admiral square thing is horrible. Also we need a realistic gold and silver colors.

Thanks Cryptic

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/unifor...2394/ranks.htm
The current TNG rank pins look pretty much spot on from my perspective. Could you be more illustrative with your description so I can understand what you are trying to assert?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Vice Admiral jacket does not have an option for the fleet logo patch, the option completely disappears when the jacket is selected.