Lt. Commander
One of the biggest slaps I had when I published my first mission was the trick that I was trying to use to shrink or adjust the makeup of my enemy squads wasn't working. I was following the video tutorials and just moving the members I didn't want outside the walls of a map. It worked in testing on most maps, but as I found out, publishing it to live all the guys I put outside either just shot through the walls or were magically adjusted through them to the nearest open spots on the map; making what I tried to turn easier into a nightmare of Terran Empire medics and engineers.

Is there any other way than putting spawn points outside of walls to limit the members in an enemy squad? Any tricks you know?

Additionally, more for people who play the Foundry missions than make them: if a contact dies to friendly/enemy fire does beaming to your ship or exiting to sector allow you to join back into the mission at the start of that map you just left? I kind of warn them and have it as a mission objective to make sure the contact doesn't accidentally explode, but I'd hate for people to just think that's all she wrote if the contact does die and would like to give them a hint until our contacts can get an invincibility toggle.

Also, "Shrinking Squads" sounds like a bad band who plays cabana nights at Risa.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
The only trick I know of is there are some enemy groups that have just 1 member, specifically some of the animal groups. You could place that 1 NPC group(or however many of them you wanted to have) and then put a costume of them of whatever enemy you want it to look like. The only thing is they will be melee attacking rather than shooting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Does putting some of the actors outside the map no longer work?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
All I know is when I played it on live with my main, all the guys that should have been outside the walls were in along the edges. My reviews then were 50/50 about the combat, so maybe it worked like half of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
No, that trick no longer works. I heard one of the podcasts talking about this with a QA, and it was viewed as a potential exploit, so they made it so that, if a NPC can't get to you for some reason (being placed off the map, or behind a forcefield), they will find a way to get to you, even if it's transporting to you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2011, 11:24 PM
You can spawn them in the air and drop them to their deaths.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2011, 04:40 AM
"It's raining men, hallelujah"?