Lt. Commander
# 11
04-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selaphiel
Greetings Captains!

On Thursday, April 14th from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM PDT (10:00 AM to 2:00 PM UTC) maintenance will be performed on the billing system, and the Star Trek Online Servers. During this time, you will not be able to purchase Atari Tokens, create or edit subscriptions and purchase digital copies of the game. Purchases made using existing Atari Tokens on an account will be unaffected. The Star Trek Online game servers will also be unavailable during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
Hi Selaphie. Can I start by saying that I love the game. Saying that though, As a UK player I play on my lunch break from work 12-2pm GMT then when I get home from work. I get very vexed when I can loose up to 8 hours a week game play, because your time is chosen so that players in the US generally dont get effected by this, because there all sleeping.
Why are we loosing out on a service were paying for? Its not fair, and Im sure alot of UK and European players feel exactly the same about this, and its the only factor which is making me stop playing.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholmes0111
Hi Selaphie. Can I start by saying that I love the game. Saying that though, As a UK player I play on my lunch break from work 12-2pm GMT then when I get home from work. I get very vexed when I can loose up to 8 hours a week game play, because your time is chosen so that players in the US generally dont get effected by this, because there all sleeping.
Why are we loosing out on a service were paying for? Its not fair, and Im sure alot of UK and European players feel exactly the same about this, and its the only factor which is making me stop playing.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Dholmes, there is really no good time to do maintenance, anytime you do it it will effect someone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarok
Great - yet another night that Australia cant play

Come home from a long day - no access.

This aint fair... the load should be shared.
I agree with you on this one. As A UK player I would love to see the load shared. Take it in turns on which counrty gets the downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-14-2011, 05:14 AM
you guys do relise that normal maintence is infrequent compared to when the game was first in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarok
Great - yet another night that Australia cant play

Come home from a long day - no access.

This aint fair... the load should be shared.
Tell me about it

I've been trying to get back into this, get home from work and find that I can't play. lame

I thought they'd changed **** since beta
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
At the time you wrote your message, there was still 50 minutes left until the scheduled time for maintenance. Maybe you've been confused with the times?
Maybe though im not sure about all the timezone differances, i live in UK it said 10 AM UTC so i guessed it would be just a little surprise when it didnt go down.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
you guys do relise that normal maintence is infrequent compared to when the game was first in beta.
The above is not the issue. What is the issue is that all of the down time for either patches or Maintence is always done at the same time, which effects players such as myself from the UK and other areas. My lil wish list is that they shared this with other countrys, make it a bit more fair.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydTwoscoops
Maybe though im not sure about all the timezone differances, i live in UK it said 10 AM UTC so i guessed it would be just a little surprise when it didnt go down.
UTC = GMT

we (UK) are in BST = GMT + 1

so when it says 10am UTC it is 11am BST (UK time now).

servers will be down untill 3pm BST (UK time).
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texus
make it a bit more fair.
spock says it perfectly "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..."

you speak of being fair.

Do you think it is fair if 5000 people have their gametime interupted so that 50 people do not have their gametime interupted?

unfortunately us UK players are in the minority and therefore, to inconvinience the fewest people, downtime is at our lunchtime. Even worse is for Australian players who have downtime during their evenings.

being fair involves thinking of evryone, not what effects you, and Cryptic chose the downtime fairly, to inconvinience the fewest players.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkent View Post
spock says it perfectly "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..."

you speak of being fair.

Do you think it is fair if 5000 people have their gametime interupted so that 50 people do not have their gametime interupted?

unfortunately us UK players are in the minority and therefore, to inconvinience the fewest people, downtime is at our lunchtime. Even worse is for Australian players who have downtime during their evenings.

being fair involves thinking of evryone, not what effects you, and Cryptic chose the downtime fairly, to inconvinience the fewest players.
Its not just the UK players or the Australian players, there is the French and German players and a few more countrys too. Whom im sure they would like to see the down time shared.