Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Logically, they will wait with doing the voiceovers until all T'nae-involving episodes are remastered,
because a lot of dialog changes and it they would have to do entire portions of a mission all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
Logically, they will wait with doing the voiceovers until all T'nae-involving episodes are remastered,
because a lot of dialog changes and it they would have to do entire portions of a mission all over again.
that's not really true... unless the coding is deeper than it seems... it would just be a simple patch job.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
that's not really true... unless the coding is deeper than it seems... it would just be a simple patch job.
no, he's got a point. just look at the azur mission, remastering means changing almost everything
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
that's changing everything... not just adding a voice patch to an existing thing... not re-mastering. I'm just talking about adding to existing, not fully changing. it can be more likened to the update to older missions where just the rewards changed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
that's changing everything... not just adding a voice patch to an existing thing... not re-mastering. I'm just talking about adding to existing, not fully changing. it can be more likened to the update to older missions where just the rewards changed.
I agree. Right now, all I am looking for is a voice over for when she gives out the mission, and when I return to her to recieve the mission reward. All of that fancy stuff in the middle of the mission can be focused on at a later date.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
exactly. it's not a huge task. they (cryptic) have done quite well with VO work so far, and it's a lot easier to update that now before the talent goes on to do other things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
the missions will eventualy be remastered, probibly within 18 months, so why pay for VO work that needs redoing... it's a waste of money
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-14-2011, 06:26 AM
does Cryptic REALLY have plans to re-do EVERY mission completly? that'd be a huge waste of money.