Lt. Commander
# 1 Just wondering if...
04-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Has anyone out there been able to save up enough emblems or marks to buy any of the VA level ships?

If so, did you already have your Mk XI gear before you started saving for the ship?

How long did it take you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I haven't really been trying to be honest, gotta start soon though if it's gonna take as long as some people are saying. I've heard some saying it took them 4 months
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I haven't been trying, but I can say that it isn't a bad idea to get your Mk XI gear before. If you are doing the daily missions for emblems and marks you can save up a lot of anomalies in order to craft the Mk XI gear. Basically you're killing two birds with one stone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I haven't been trying, but I can say that it isn't a bad idea to get your Mk XI gear before. If you are doing the daily missions for emblems and marks you can save up a lot of anomalies in order to craft the Mk XI gear. Basically you're killing two birds with one stone.
That's what I've been doing, with the mark XI gear, just gotta get better consoles for the ship, then I think I'll concentrate on the emblems
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Between my two VA characters, I've bought 3 of the ships, and have enough Emblems to buy 2 more.

One has the Defiant retrofit, Galaxy retrofit, and Nebula retrofit (the Galaxy I got with my free VA token) with just barely over 500 emblems left over.

The other has the Defiant retrofit and Intrepid retrofit (the Defiant was gotten with the VA token), with nearly 700 emblems left over. I've spent $0 so far on the C-Store.

I used to do the exploration, PVP, and fleet action dailies each day, then added in the Deferi sector dailies when they got added in, but stopped months ago after I got the ships. I did a few of the Devidian dailies for fun, and the deuterium consumables, but stopped after a couple weeks of that, and the rest I did only infrequently, whenever I felt like doing them. Add in a few STFs every couple of weeks, and that's about it.

Nowadays, I usually just do the Rescue Deferi Captives one and nothing else, though lately I've parked one of my VAs in B'tran and do an average of 1 system a day, which works out to 4 Emblems every 3 days.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I hit VA in November, and was VERY lazy about grinding emblems. When the mark trade down was added, I geared myself up in a full set of mK X purples from battlegroup omega, since it was faster than mk XI's. Then I geared myself up with mk XI gear. Then I decided to respec from phasers to antiprotons and regeared my energy weapons. Replaced my away team's emblem armor and weapons at least twice playing with options. And I still was far from dedicated to maximizing my grind.

Still, when MVAM was released, I had 400.

Took me about two weeks to grind up to 500. Played 4-5 days both weeks, skipped any dailies I just didn't feel like (never did any PVP ones, and skipped the fleet action several times and B'tran a couple, though I tried to double up the B'tran daily for the next day when I did skip it). More dedicated than my equipment grind, but still pretty lazy.

I've already got almost 300 again, and I've been even lazier than ever, I put far more time into running foundry missions than bothering with emblems. I might get an Excelsior when I hit 500, which will also mean an emblem grind to kit outs its weapons, or I might just get to 500 and sit on it and see what the next few ships down the pipe are if any of them catch my eye.

If I had it to do over now, I'd go for ships before gearing up. Between feature episode replay and crafting, you can gear up in blues REALLY fast, and from there switching to purples will be a smaller change than switching ship classes. You can always work on crafting purples along the way anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Sounds like I'm doing something wrong....

You've all been able to get way more emblems it less than half the time I've taken.

Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
Sounds like I'm doing something wrong....

You've all been able to get way more emblems it less than half the time I've taken.

Fleet action: 3. Change instances in Klingon Scout Force or Big Dig to get bumped to a lower rank zone to burn through it quickly. Gorn action you can't do this, and some days its a crapshoot if enough people show up to actually get it done. The secondary objective can be hard, too.

Eta Eridani: 3 (Sh'mar distress call in the south west, Alhena system distress call, Traelus system satellite repair). Additional 3 from the salvage mission, save up 10 computer core fragments, I usually get that about once every one to two weeks. Most of these missions aren't straight off the contacts list, so it's easy to miss out here.

Deferi sector: 5, all right from Admiral Surah

PVP: 3. Don't have to win. Don't have to even know what you're doing. Some people just afk through them, for that matter, though I don't endorse shorthanding a team for free emblems.

B'tran: 4 (3 for the daily, 1 for the repeatable). If you're saving for a Rear Admiral ship (D'kyr, Excelsior) another 5 for the RA daily.

12 emblems/17 marks a day with no PVP or fleet action. (42 days for a VA ship, 29 for RA)
15/20 a day with one or the other (34 for VA, 25 for RA)
18/23 a day with both (27 for VA, 21 for RA)

You can trim it down more, VA STFs give emblems, and the B'tran repeatable mission gives 1 every three sectors. I wouldn't suggest actively grinding it out on that, but in a lot of those counts you can drop a day off with 1-3 more emblems. The day counts also don't consider the salvage dispute mission since it's unpredictable.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
to Hevach;

Thanks for that responts. I have been missing some of those missions.

I'll defently take advantage of them now.