Lt. Commander
# 1 I Can't Even Express..
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I can't even express the deep seated anger I have towards this game now.

I just got to the point where I would buy something from the C-Store, after looking over all the improvements to the game and how it had changed after so long and finally thought Cryptic had changed just a little.

Then this infuriating sale that includes the TOS Bundle.

After the "limited" talk and the precedent set by other releases. I figured it wouldn't be included in the sale and the wording made it seem like it would go away soon and I really wanted to support the game so I bought it,

As a person not overflowing with cash that had to save up a lot for this game, this has made me so unbelievably upset and puts me off from ever wanting to give STO anymore of my hard earned money or Cryptic for that matter.

Why is there such a precedence of treating people so poorly when they give you money?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2011, 02:09 PM
TOS bundle was around $18, and 20% of that is only $3.60. Thats what your so upset about? $3.60?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm upset that every time I buy something from em, [edited for content not Pro-Cryptic in nature]

I know $3.60 may not seem like a lot but for somebody with not a whole lot of money, it is.

Its 1 or 2 costume packs, a couple of playable races, etc

And its just a representation of there overall treatment of customers, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Cpt.W. If it makes you feel any better, the discount on the TOS pack is like $3.

I like the sale because I held out and saved $50 on the lifetime.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I know $3.60 may not seem like a lot but for somebody with not a whole lot of money, it is.
Why would someone with not a whole lot of money be buying virtual items that have no real benefit in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
cryptic does very often offer those 20% off thing. just keep in mind american holydays?! its pretty normal they dont include the newest offers to that pay off. just wait for the next holyday and youll get your bundle for 20% off too. i dont see any problems.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Well, that's two threads by folks that bought the TOS Bundle prior to the sale.

Is it unsafe for me to mention that I've been procrastinating about the purchase and haven't yet, even though I've fully intended to for weeks now?

I empathise, though, I bought four whole character slots, and now I could have gotten them for 20% off. I'm not really upset, but I can certainly understand feeling like your timing was bad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Perhaps this game is there one escape from a very, very not fun life and so they saved enough for a while to buy something to make it a little funner?

I considered waiting till a sale except

1) It was a "limited time offer"

2) They never include new stuff in the following sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayyde
Well, that's two threads by folks that bought the TOS Bundle prior to the sale.

Is it unsafe for me to mention that I've been procrastinating about the purchase and haven't yet, even though I've fully intended to for weeks now?

I empathise, though, I bought four whole character slots, and now I could have gotten them for 20% off. I'm not really upset, but I can certainly understand feeling like your timing was bad.
If it hadn't been for there use of "limited time" crud and the way they never seem to put new times in the following sales, I wouldn't have bought it. I planned on getting some other stuff in this sale, but now I feel so alienated, I almost hate Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Why would someone with not a whole lot of money be buying virtual items that have no real benefit in the first place?
  • Luxury is relinquishing something necessary to gain something superfluous.
  • Virtual Items have real benefits. They provide the owner with a little joy, something that particular poor people can have trouble gaining*. That is a real effect on real person in the real world. It makes you feel better just like eating a meal when you are hungry or drinking a drink when you are thirsty.

*) That might be debatable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Id really like to know why they do this kinda stuff?
Closed Thread