Lt. Commander
# 11
04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
M'yeah, not big on the C-store. Don't have tons of money to spend on in-game fluff. If there's a way to earn it in-game, I'd rather do it that way. All I'm saying is that a little variety is the spice of life. If the object, according to Wildman, is to learn more about shuttles, etc. etc., scanning anomalies is a pretty poor way to do it. Shouldn't one also be learning to pilot a shuttle in combat for things like The Vault, which one assumes one can then play later and maybe do better at it?

Plus, I just think it would be kind of a nifty change of pace to have some shuttle-specific DSEs & PvPs (I mean, if they're going to be making shuttles more prominent in a few missions and whatnot, why not?). Really give the shuttles a work-out, figure out some maybe different strategies, etc.

Just a thought.
you can just buy the schematic on the exchange ohh they beat me to it....I did that, you do need a small ammount of crafting skills a few data samples, and craft it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
And actually, you don't have to wait 10 days. Schematics are sold on the exchange, so you can buy it for EC.
What's the lowest price at? 500,000EC? Doesn't help Lt's that want it and people will probably gripe that they have to waste time getting the crafting level and materials just to make it after shelling out the EC.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
What's the lowest price at? 500,000EC? Doesn't help Lt's that want it and people will probably gripe that they have to waste time getting the crafting level and materials just to make it after shelling out the EC.
Well, you have to have the crafting level regardless of whether you buy it, or if you grind the 10 days. So no difference there. The materials can be bought off the exchange too. Brand new players will have trouble getting the half mil EC, no question there. But a lot of Lt's these days are alts of current players. Anyone with a VA toon is likely to have far more than a half mill of EC sitting around. They can just buy it, and mail the schematic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
Spending ten days to get all the crap needed for it is not hard. You can finish the daily in 15-20 minutes.
I never said it was HARD (already done by the stupid farming method of jumping in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out of the same mission to get it over with more quickly). Just very, very BORING & REPETITIVE (kind of like my having to repeat myself). Hence the request for a little variety.

Guess I'll leave it at that and the developers will do what the developers will do. Kind of like two of the systems in cardassian sector block patrol missions are exact duplicates of one another: scanning 5 abandoned generators for pollution. Apparently I did them in not the standard order and pretty much did one almost like right after the other. I was kind of like "didn't I JUST do this EXACT same mission??"

Just saying, certain things get repetitive when repeated verbatim (kind of like my having to repeat myself). [/irony]
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-14-2011, 07:19 PM
technically speaking, its not hard for a early level player to get it, have a friend/team mate/or alternate toon send it to your low level toon. The schematic is not bind on pickup, els you could not put them on the exchange.

A half a million ec isnt not a hard thing to come by for most players who have an VA toon, and you have a lot of thoes in Fleets.

so I dont see any real reason to complain about how hard it is to get.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2011, 12:08 AM
You call that mind-numbing?, try grinding emblems for ships *zombie face*
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
I complete my days worth of Diplomatic mission sin my shuttle while doing my Delta Dailies. Makes it interesting when doing a First Contact mission in a shuttle craft since the size of the Observation lounge in my shuttle is the same size as my main starship This way I am collecting a variety of Particles, getting my Delta Dailies done, and gaining Diplomatic XP all at once. The travel from one end and back again for the diplomatic missions are a bit tedious, but it's better than wipping aound Delta Volanis with the rest of y'all