Lt. Commander
# 1 STO crashing while in Foundry
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I couldn't fit enough to sum this up in the title, so here goes. Mission ID: ST-HAHU33Z8F

I decided to work on placements for all the objects in the mission I'm rebuilding before moving on to pasting in all the dialogue I came up with while working on it on Tribble, but I've found a very hazardous and possibly mission-breaking bug. (The version that I've been getting this bug with is on Holodeck, but this may also affect the Foundry on Tribble as well.)

In order to get every object placed just right, I have to do a lot of hopping into and out of the "map tester" in order to guage how close I am to getting say... the placement of a door just right so that it doesn't look weird.

The problem is that if I do this too much, not just the Foundry but the entire game I'm running will crash. Yes, I've made sure to save extremely often, but I can't handle much more of having to do this:
1 - Save mission on each little object position tweak when jumping in and out of the map to make adjustments.
2 - Watch game crash after a few times in and out of the map.
3 - Open up the launcher again and wait for it to scan through all of the game files for errors before being able to log in again.
4 - Rinse and repeat, with much frustration.

I'll do another test run batch for the mission, then see just how many "short jumps" it takes before my game crashes to desktop. I'll let you know with the results, unless it varies.

EDIT: I managed to go in and out of a map to make tweaks six times in and five times out before it crashed, on the sixth time leaving the map to return to the Foundry tools so I could make more tweaks to object placement.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
What's your crash number?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
What's your crash number?
I'll have to do another run of tweaks to make it crash again so I can check. Once I do, I'll edit this post to include it.

EDIT: I haven't found anything that speficially says "crash number", but the "error ticket ID" in the window that pops up on game crash is: 11802942
If this isn't the number you're looking for, I may need help finding it since I've yet to see any other numbers pop up after the game crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I have exactly the same problem. By now I think I must have submitted at least 50 crash-reports...

It used to happen only when loading map-preview, but as of yesterday it also happens on returning to editor.

I have the exact same problem when accessing Foundry from my laptop at work, so I'm sure it's not related to MY hardware.

(Last Saturday was particularily bad, with my client crashing about 50% of the attempts to preview map.)

crash number: 11848313
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Ah yes, that one. We know about it and are working on a fix.

In the mean time, sorry.