Lt. Commander
I beg you, put the mission starting location in the mission overview (and highlight it in green like cryptic do) and/or the first mission goal (usually the sub name of the mission). One or the other is fine but it must be there.

So many people only put it in the mission giver text that once you have read, you can't get back. If you skim over the start location or get distracted/log off, chances are you will forget where to go. That means dropping the mission and finding it again. If a person drops your mission then there is a good chance the might not pick it up again, even if they do at best you have annoyed that person and probably cost yourself a star before you have even begun.

No one wants to find a mission, forget where to go and read there first task reads 'A matter of honour', then go to the mission overview in their mission list and find the description only describes what it is about and no location.

Please. Please. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
i second the motion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2011, 04:08 AM
I apologize.

I made this error on a few and have gone back to correct it mostly (shifting all the dialogue ahead one space, to ensure the mission-essential dialogue always pops).
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
This tip should be at the top of every list of foundry tips and tricks. I made the mistake on my 1st mission (and took a ratings hit for it), but since then I've remembered that lesson, painfully.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Can I ask that not every author make their mission 1 of a 12 part series?

As soon as I see Mission 1 of X, I close the window. I'm not going to play a series of missions to get a whole story. Especially if parts 2-12 don't exist yet.

The only way I'm ever going to play a multiple series of missions if community swears its the best thing ever and I'm pretty sure it will take some time before such a series of UGC is created and published.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I make the first map's overall objective name the name of the system. That way if you log off and come back a few days later you will see the word "Elwing System".
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I make the first map's overall objective name the name of the system. That way if you log off and come back a few days later you will see the word "Elwing System".
I did that in a map transition dialogue, looks good; cept now the mission section following that transition is still "talk to X in Y location"