Lt. Commander
# 1 Multi Player Required Missions
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
For Missions such as Terradome, Infected, Cure, etc. where multiple human players are a requirement to play the mission, I would like to make some observations / sugestions, please.

I have sat for an hour before waiting on a game and finally just got tired of waiting, so, went and did some "Daily's" . To prevent players from the very real likelihood of their time being wasted waiting and waiting for the " stars to align just right"...would it not be possible for the player to "check in" and click a button saying that they are ready to play (much like the queues of other games), have the A.I. notate their rank, whether they are a Tactical, Engineer, Science , etc officer. Then when the proper number are needed, it will begin the game. Thus preventing so much lost time due to human players. Star Trek Empires at war using the Gamespy platform managed this very task.

I dont know, its just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Not a bad idea, also allowing cross race (Fed & KDF) to play together would also help. It could be a voluntary too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Not a bad idea, also allowing cross race (Fed & KDF) to play together would also help. It could be a voluntary too.
I agree. Since the idea of the Gamma Onias sector is a cease fire to fight the Borg, why not have individual captains from both sides agree to team up against the Borg when encountered, then part ways once the objective is complete.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Would need to be a search that allows people to show their prefered kit(s) as well, or you will get too many groups with Squad Leader-less Tacs (in the event of Tac having to backup heal), Field Dome-less Eng and Sci that refuse to heal.

Just showing a persons class hardly tells you if you actually need said person because of how drasically kits and player style change a class role, so a simple auto-Q like we have for PvP will only make things worse due to all of the wasted time spent with groups that just wouldn't work.

Preferably it would also allow you to seek for multiple STF like you can atm via shouts/zone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2011, 07:06 AM
I believe a queue system like you described is in the works.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
If such a thing is in the works, there should also be checkboxes for "Vent Client" "TS3 Client" and "Can Provide Voice server of type X"
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2011, 06:54 AM
A "que" type system such as this would be a Godsend...I have 2 Rear Admirals that have been waiting and "wishing" for going on 3 months now just to start "Infected." Trying to get the required 5 people together has been akin to pulling out one's own eye teeth....with a rusty pair of pliers.

Yes , I know..."Join a good fleet" Im in one. But.....most everybody plays while im at work or asleep. Its been tough just to have more than 2 other fleetmates on at any given time when I can play.

Joining "Ad-Hoc" as it were (random groupings with people you dont know or have played with before) is depressing because once a group actually gets formed up...somebody invaribly ditches before were halfway through the first part of the mission.

Being able to "autostart" (at least for the Infect RA mission) would be AWSOME.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlecatt
A "que" type system such as this would be a Godsend...I have 2 Rear Admirals that have been waiting and "wishing" for going on 3 months now just to start "Infected." Trying to get the required 5 people together has been akin to pulling out one's own eye teeth....with a rusty pair of pliers.

Yes , I know..."Join a good fleet" Im in one. But.....most everybody plays while im at work or asleep. Its been tough just to have more than 2 other fleetmates on at any given time when I can play.

Joining "Ad-Hoc" as it were (random groupings with people you dont know or have played with before) is depressing because once a group actually gets formed up...somebody invaribly ditches before were halfway through the first part of the mission.

Being able to "autostart" (at least for the Infect RA mission) would be AWSOME.
What are your normal play-times? Our Fleet has got players from all around the world, so we typically have people on-line at all hours of the day. We would be happy to set up a time to get you (and any of your Fleetmates that would like to finish Infected) through the mission. All we ask is that you be willing to use Vent (you don't even, necessarily, need to talk on there, just be able to listen, as it is much easier for our Team Leaders to explain how to do some of the more interesting parts of the mission). Class, gear, etc. are not important to us, we can fit our participants to fill in any needs (helps to have multiple, STF-experienced players, all with VA/LG-level characters of all 3 types ).

If this sounds good to you, feel free to PM me in-game: @BigRedJedi

-Big Red

This offer is also good to anyone else reading this thread, if you are having trouble getting a group together to finish (or even start) one or more of the STF's, we will do everything we can to help you out.